Forum Replies Created

Page 323 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    June 12, 2007 at 1:06 am in reply to: Setting up colorbars

    There is a proc-amp built in if you have black magic hardware, I think Aja Hardware may have this as well.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 12, 2007 at 1:02 am in reply to: Motion 8 sec clip…12 minute render?!?!?

    it said something about changing the motion tab quality to from best to normal.

    I tried that, it STILL takes 12 minutes to render an 8 second .motn file that should only be a few seconds to render (was on 5.04)

  • Chris Borjis

    June 12, 2007 at 1:02 am in reply to: Finla Cut – Motion Rendering

    [Herb Sevush] “The only solution seems to be to turn off “best” rendering in favor of “normal” rendering in preferences during editing, and then do an overnight render at “best” settings for output.

    changing these settings has no effect for me.

    It still takes 12 minutes to render an 8-second .motn file

  • Chris Borjis

    June 11, 2007 at 11:32 pm in reply to: Motion 8 sec clip…12 minute render?!?!?

    Ah, I found it on this page in this forum but
    it was “Finla Cut – Motion Rendering”

  • Chris Borjis

    June 11, 2007 at 11:28 pm in reply to: Motion 8 sec clip…12 minute render?!?!?

    weird, I don’t see a forum dedicated to final cut pro, only “applications”

  • Chris Borjis

    June 11, 2007 at 11:26 pm in reply to: 5.0.4 project in FCS 2 ?

    Yes you will

    I was in the same boat as you but with a Quad G5.

    I would recommend you save a copy of your fcp5 projects though
    since fcp 6 will want to update them. (just in case you revert)

  • Chris Borjis

    June 11, 2007 at 11:03 pm in reply to: Motion 8 sec clip…12 minute render?!?!?

    which forum?

    Can’t find your post and they don’t have a search function (forums that have no search option should be flogged)

  • Chris Borjis

    June 11, 2007 at 5:48 pm in reply to: ProRez revisited again

    [piper] “”Medium Quality Playback” ProRez”

    Is there a way to CAPTURE medium quality?

    Looking at the bitrate of that setting, I think my G5 Quad pci-e machine might be able to capture in HD with that, unless apple deliberately put in code so that it fails on Power5 cpu’s.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 11, 2007 at 5:43 pm in reply to: HDCAM Project….DVCPRO-HD Workflow

    I won’t have the option to re-capture so capturing as DVCPRO-HD then editing, then exporting as a ProRes 10-bit 1920×1080 file, then color correcting, then outputting over hd-sdi to the HDCAM deck sounds right?

    I can deal with that 🙂

    One last question, any motion graphics I do (lower 3rds, title intros etc..) should I just do those in ProRes and drop them in the DVCPRO-HD sequence?

    What resolution should they be rendered out of After Effects in?
    1440×1080 (hdcam) or 1280×1080 (dvcprohd) or 1920×1080 (full raster)

    Thanks Fellas!

  • Chris Borjis

    June 11, 2007 at 5:39 pm in reply to: HDCAM Project….DVCPRO-HD Workflow

    [Shane Ross] “Depends on your Raid array…That is what needs to handle it.”

    Ciprico 4210 with a 4gb fibre channel interface capable of 4:4:4 RGB dual-link 1080 ingest/playback.

Page 323 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy