Forum Replies Created

Page 324 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    June 11, 2007 at 4:26 pm in reply to: HDCAM Project….DVCPRO-HD Workflow

    Thanks Gary,

    But can a G5 system handle the layback of ProRes to an HD-SDI signal thats 20 minutes long without dropping frames?

    My intuition says yes, since compression usually takes twice the overhead of de-compression.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 11, 2007 at 3:55 pm in reply to: Blackmagic cards running in linux

    [Octavio Gasca] “Looking for stable editing platform.”

    OS X isn’t stable enough?

  • Chris Borjis

    June 11, 2007 at 3:20 pm in reply to: HDV tapestock — Sony V1U

    Congratulations on your aquisition of 2 V1U’s (they are fantastic cameras)

    The only real reason I can think of to use the sony hdv tapes exclusively is drop outs.

    How important is it to you that all of your footage is good and glitch free?

    After going through trials of different media, I found that the Sony HDV tapes are by far the most reliable.

    More reliable than the JVCPRO-HD media that was allegedly designed for my HD100 camcorder. I had dropouts on every tape I shot with, not many but they were there.

    I switched over to the Sony HDV tapes after hearing stories from many others about how great it is and how they had not had dropouts, and now I have no dropouts on my shoots.

    Some people will say they use panasonic stock and have no drop outs at all. I guess then it depends on your karma/luck.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 11, 2007 at 3:11 pm in reply to: Blu-ray problems

    check the DVD authoring forum here, there is a rep from sonic/roxio there that can help you out.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 10, 2007 at 11:27 pm in reply to: HD100U/200U Component Out

    [dval7586] “I hooked a component monitor to the output (3) wire and it wasn’t locking up. Rolling, Fluttering and green.”

    something is wrong with your cam or your monitor.

    I get a great locked signal from my HD100 to my Dell 24″ LCD

  • Chris Borjis

    June 10, 2007 at 10:30 pm in reply to: multibridge install problem

    sorry that should have read “bottom most” slot 0.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 10, 2007 at 10:07 pm in reply to: What is a Quartz Extreme graphics card?

    ah, hadn’t thought of that.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 10, 2007 at 10:07 pm in reply to: Capturing with Black Magic

    [rafalaos] “The only difference between DVCam and MiniDV is in the audio (locked, not locked).”

    DVCAM runs the tape faster as well to reduce the chances of dropouts.

    I have heard of situations where capturing via analog component is better than over firewire because it softens the chroma channel up a bit to help keying.

    Though you could just as easily capture via firewire and use graeme N’s chroma plugin to do the same thing.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 10, 2007 at 10:01 pm in reply to: Setting up a new raid – what values do I pick?

    [David Roth Weiss] “Tell your engineer to quit living in the past. Defragging is so 90’s.”

    With the newer O/S file systems becoming more effcient on data placement of disks this is entirely true.

    Defragging a storage array shouldn’t ever be needed anyways.
    I know on my setup we only have the clients projects and files on there until the project is done then it gets archived and removed.

    Every few months our framestore is 90% cleared out.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 10, 2007 at 9:56 pm in reply to: ProRes422 puzzle

    [lightning ad] “None of its available options seem to account for 16:9 sd.”

    That wouldn’t help anyway since fcp and all editing/compositing apps I’m aware of don’t interpret 16:9 clips as that, it sees all as 4:3 with the option to set them as 16:9

Page 324 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy