Forum Replies Created

Page 322 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    June 14, 2007 at 5:01 am in reply to: DVD compression for computer monitor use?

    dvd video uses rectangular pixels, computer monitors use square, that is what softens the picture (all dvds do this)

    If you want it sharper your going to have to do it without dvd video.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 13, 2007 at 11:52 pm in reply to: Motion 8 sec clip…12 minute render?!?!?

    I submitted.

    Also just an fyi, the templates inside final cut pro that reference motion files has the EXACT same problem as using motion files imported.

    12 minutes to render an 8 second slate.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 13, 2007 at 4:47 am in reply to: Read about MacOS 10.5 being 100% 64Bit

    isn’t that new interface for Final Cut Extreme? (discreet flame/fire killer I hope heh heh)

  • Chris Borjis

    June 13, 2007 at 4:44 am in reply to: What are the networks accepting for HD?

    I know the OutDoor Channel accepts HDCAM (preferred) and will also take DVCPRO-HD.

    It would be neat if cable companies and local stations would give specs for mpeg2 transport streams so we could deliver them electronically like DGS does.

  • are the 10-bit bugs in ProRes as well?

    That would suck bigtime.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 12, 2007 at 8:43 pm in reply to: Motion 8 sec clip…12 minute render?!?!?

    [Herb Sevush] “For the record I have a Dual 2.5 G5 with 5 gigs and a Radeon X800 XT – which means I’m NOT underpowered in any way. And yet …”

    my point exactly.

    This has absolutely nothing to do with openGL performance, its all about cpu cycles and there is definitely something wrong here that apple needs to address ASAP.

    One thing I have not tried, apparently you can import motion files as some kind of modifiable template (text) I am going to try that and see if that helps at all.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 12, 2007 at 5:08 am in reply to: Motion 8 sec clip…12 minute render?!?!?

    if it helps to understand the issue, I CAN render it out as an uncompressed quicktime in about 30 seconds from motion 3, but thats a hassle when I have a :30 & :15 tv spot that delivers in multiple markets where the only change is the end tag and the slate.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 12, 2007 at 5:06 am in reply to: Motion 8 sec clip…12 minute render?!?!?

    [JeremyG] “HOw much RAM?”

    4GB of Ram.

    The video card should have very little if anything to do with it.

    I’m rendering the .motn file IN final cut, not in motion 3 where I could understand a fast card would speed up previews.

    It rendered the .motn file in final cut 5.04 within 5 seconds before.
    Final Cut 6 is the only thing that has changed.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 12, 2007 at 4:46 am in reply to: Motion 8 sec clip…12 minute render?!?!?

    [JeremyG] “And you BOris, what graphics card do you have?”

    The stock NVIDIA card that comes with the G5 Quad PCI-E model.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 12, 2007 at 3:21 am in reply to: Motion 8 sec clip…12 minute render?!?!?

    I did try a totally new motion 3 project, same issue, there is something definitely wrong here.

Page 322 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy