Forum Replies Created

Page 102 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    July 12, 2011 at 12:32 am in reply to: Problem with Log and Tranfer/Red Camera files

    damn Jeremy, that sounds like a painful experience.

    i had some frustrations with the RED one a year ago, but
    nothing like that.

    RED does a lot of great things and I can’t wait to get a Scarlet Fixed lens cam, but one thing I wish they would do is make the software a bit more reliable. Probably will someday soon.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 11, 2011 at 4:50 pm in reply to: Alternative to DVD Studio Pro?

    why not just keep using it?

    It won’t expire and does just about everything one could want in a dvd app.

    If you mean for blu-ray then dostudio is the logical choice.

  • make a new hdv sequence that precisely matches that hdv footage in every way (size & frame rate)

    select all the hdv footage in the sequence, copy it to the new one.

    if it doesn’t fill the screen then select it all, right click and remove attributes (motion) this should unscale it.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 30, 2011 at 9:17 pm in reply to: Compressor Resizing issue

    whoa! that is odd.

    Is there any particular reason you’re nipping off the 6 lines and making it progressive?

  • Chris Borjis

    June 30, 2011 at 6:29 pm in reply to: Audio levels for web series

    I’ve had client requests as high as -3 (absolute peaks)

    There’s nothing wrong with going that high. like you said you never know who has unpowered cheap speakers and for them high levels will be ideal.

    as long as it’s not slammed at a constant zero like those lovely youtube users like to do… 🙂

  • Chris Borjis

    June 30, 2011 at 4:53 pm in reply to: MTS Files

    MTS>ProRes with Toast?? and it looks good?

    I never would have thought that possible.

    interesting.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 30, 2011 at 4:51 pm in reply to: from an editor working with a colorist

    Tom is he using Color?

    I noticed a gamma shift (to darker) when using “force RGB” on a recent doc I finished in color.

    After seeing that I disabled it.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 29, 2011 at 9:08 pm in reply to: MTS Files

    oh dear…oops I remember that now.

    clipwrap will do it. I find it an essential tool at a very low cost.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 29, 2011 at 6:31 pm in reply to: FCP X FAQ-Slap in the Face?

    agreed Gary

    Ideally in the product cycle i’m in with my 2009 octocore systems, they have at least another 2 years use before an upgrade/PC switch over is considered.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 29, 2011 at 6:09 pm in reply to: FCP X FAQ-Slap in the Face?

    I run a lot of other mac applications though, I suppose dual booting could be an option.

    on another note, looks like adobe has fixed the “issues” with AJA at least according to Walter B:

    “Happily I can now run my AJA Kona boards smoothly with CS 5.5 thanks to the new 9.0.1 Plug-In release.”

Page 102 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy