Forum Replies Created

Page 100 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    September 29, 2011 at 4:20 pm in reply to: DigiBeta Output has Audio Distortion

    I had the same problem yesterday with my DVW-500 & kona lh-e

    The problems you guys were having, were you doing an HD 24p downconvert to 480i? Thats the only time I’ve had this problem.

    I didn’t solve it, but the workaround was to edit to tape, then edit to tape again, but insert edit only the audio through the analog inputs on the deck.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 28, 2011 at 6:01 pm in reply to: Exporting a great wmv file

    resizing is there yes…but no option for high quality resizing.

    take any HD file and make it smaller with flip4mac…it looks horrible.

    you have to make an intermediate .mov thats properly downsized first.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 28, 2011 at 12:18 am in reply to: Exporting a great wmv file

    doing it through compressor is not going to help as the resize options are not there like they are when you do an .mov

    what I do is export from fcp as quicktime conversion and set the size to 640×360 prores codec.

    take that into compressor and use a windows media preset (have flip4mac here too)

    if it still looks ugly, make it closer to the size it’s supposed to be when you do the export quicktime conversion from fcp.

    the windows media export has no function for ensuring the resizing is good. at least on the flip4mac plugin.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 23, 2011 at 5:45 pm in reply to: Random Frame Rates on Quicktimes

    I’m using the pro version of flip4mac.

    I do set the framerate though to 29.97 in the settings.

  • Chris Borjis

    September 21, 2011 at 9:26 pm in reply to: Random Frame Rates on Quicktimes

    [Bill Olafsen] “however it does create problems when trying to use these files for other encoders when trying to create WMV files as an example”

    I don’t see how.

    I know what your talking about, but it’s never caused issues when encoding to windows media format for me.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 25, 2011 at 6:43 pm in reply to: PrP obervations after an effects heavy project

    So what happens when you take a premiere timeline that is rendered with mercury and you edit to tape?

    Does it just go immediately or does it internally export a file then output to tape?

  • Chris Borjis

    August 25, 2011 at 6:37 pm in reply to: Davinchi Lite with GT120

    Dwaine will these suggested drivers/cuda work on OS X Leopard
    or is Snow Leopard required.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 23, 2011 at 9:15 pm in reply to: PrP obervations after an effects heavy project

    True, I guess I expected it will take much longer.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 23, 2011 at 7:29 pm in reply to: PrP obervations after an effects heavy project

    Is this really an issue though?

    A rendered fcp timeline will export fast.

    A non-rendered fcp timeline with lots of fx and color corrections will take much longer.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 19, 2011 at 7:10 pm in reply to: Rip Van Winkle just woke up

    if you use after effects often I would head to the CS5.5 production suite.

    Adobe is offering it for a great price until the end of september.

Page 100 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy