Forum Replies Created

Page 602 of 699
  • Bret Williams

    January 23, 2007 at 7:01 am in reply to: Split Screen.

    For a split screen, crop is going to be more of a friend than scaling. Just put the clips on different tracks and crop and move them to taste.

  • Bret Williams

    January 23, 2007 at 6:59 am in reply to: FCP 5.1 Out of Sync DV50 footage

    Oddly enough, I’m working with DVCPro50 in a DV50 setup and some clips most certianly drift out of sync or are simply out of sync from the beginning. No need to render any clips however.

    Running 5.x on Dual G5.

  • Bret Williams

    January 17, 2007 at 6:47 am in reply to: Big X on top all any transition. What the F….?

    That’s weak.

  • Bret Williams

    January 12, 2007 at 6:24 am in reply to: swf files into FCP

    Nevermind. Doesn’t seem to work these days. A year ago I dd a large project which first consisted of adapting flash to QT. I simply used QT player.

    I guess you’ll have to use squeeze or flash.

  • Bret Williams

    January 12, 2007 at 6:09 am in reply to: swf files into FCP

    Yes. Quicktime. Open them with QT and output them as a quicktime. Usually works, but I’ve had it not open. Probably due to version issues on one side or the other. Also, with SWF being interactive, you’ve got to realize it may not quite come out as you expected. If it’s just a play through anim, it should be ok.

  • Bret Williams

    January 11, 2007 at 4:36 am in reply to: Any good video edited from photos?

    I had to do a history of video a few years ago for GA Power Company. I don’t know if it applies to your video, but I found a really neat trick was to go through the sound library and add nat sound to the picutes to give them some extra life. It’s not like I invented the concept, but it is often overlooked. I’ve got a clip on my website…

    https://www.bretwilliams.com/nlediting/gphistory.html

  • Bret Williams

    January 10, 2007 at 1:06 am in reply to: site submission

    Yeah, blah blah blah – dot com. No slash. If google indexed all the subdomians it would be a bigger mess than it is.

  • But you mentioned he’s using an older OS, meaning probably an older QT, and an older FCP. He’ll need the same version or newer or FCP that you have. As well, if he’s sending it back and you’re going to output, you’ll need the same version of FCP that he has (if his is newer).

    You know, this is what media manager is for. Mount the blank drive, highlight the sequence in the bin and run the media manager. The options are pretty straightforward and this will ensure you’ve sent everything.

    In either case, after putting everything on the new external drive, it’d be a good idea to unmount your drive and try launching the project off the new external just to make sure everything links up ok.

  • Bret Williams

    January 7, 2007 at 1:17 am in reply to: site submission

    Yeah I’m pretty sure they only accept top level domains. And, they’d find your site anyway if it was a top level domain. When you do have a top level domain, make sure there is actually some text on the front page for google to read. Many people make flash sites and somehow expect google to be able to read them. It won’t, and therefore won’t index your site.

  • Bret Williams

    January 4, 2007 at 6:09 am in reply to: Tweening in FCP5

    I think someone had the answer already, just make a 15fps sequence/project, non-interlaced. Then, when it’s all the way you like it, drop that sequence into whatever timebase sequence you like. For example, if you’re outputting to aja, drop it in a 29.97 uncompressed 8bit sequence and output to tape. If DV, drop it in a NTSC sequence.

Page 602 of 699

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy