Forum Replies Created

Page 584 of 701
  • Bob Zelin

    November 23, 2006 at 2:27 am in reply to: building a PC for Avid Xpress Pro?

    well, you could look at the exact specs for a HP xw8200, which works perfectly for this application, and just copy it. That would work just fine and dandy. And when you are all done, what will you save – $1000 ? Couldn’t you just go on ebay and find a used xw8200 or refurbished unit for this “reduced” price anyway ?

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    November 22, 2006 at 9:12 pm in reply to: Kona with G5 and MacPro

    your Kona 2 does standard def SDI with embedded audio, as well as HD-SDI. Its a simple choice in the EASY SETUPS ! You don’t have to spend one penny right now.

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    November 22, 2006 at 1:49 pm in reply to: Multibridge/HDLink with Panasonic 50″ Plasma

    SD looks ok, but the best looking LCD/Plasma for STANDARD DEF is the Panasonic 26″ BT-LH2600W LCD monitor, which was designed specifically for applications like this. But I realize that you want a 50″ monitor – and you will be happy with the TH50.

    Bob Zelin

  • Hi Kaspar –
    I have not seen poor images with the analog hd inputs using ANALOG HD SIGNALS. Standard Def analog component looks horrible – but analog HD Y Pb Pr signals look fine – I am surprised that you have had bad results.

    Just remember – you could have a bad monitor !

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    November 22, 2006 at 1:44 pm in reply to: Kona LHE & FCP Sequence Settings for DVCProHD

    The easy setups are set up for 720p, not 1080i (it’s unusual for DVCPro material to be captured at 1080i, but I know that is what CBS Network wants too). In addition to going into the SEQUENCE PRESETS to make your changes, you must match these changes in the Audio/Video Settings. Go to the Audio/Video Settings menu, select Capture Presets, scroll down the list until you see the one that has a check mark next to it, and double click on this. Another window will open up – it is here that you can change your compressor settings as well as the Pixel Aspect Ratio, so everything matches the sequence presets.

    You can now see why EASY SETUPS was created for “most” applications.

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    November 22, 2006 at 12:04 am in reply to: Recommended preservation quality SD capture card

    you can play back any Beta SP tape in any Digi Beta VTR, and it will convert it to SDI for you. If for some reason this is not acceptable, you can get the AJA HD10AVA, which will convert the analog component video to SDI, and embed the analog audio right into the SDI stream. The output of the AJA HD10AVA can be plugged directly into the SDI input of the Kona 3.

    As for analog composite, another excellent suggestion is the AJA I/O box. This box will convert the analog composite signal to SDI. It will also embed the analog audio into the SDI stream. This can be put directly into the Kona 3. If you choose to get the AJA I/O, then you DO NOT need to purchase the HD10AVA, as the I/O will do the same job of encoding the analog component Y R-Y B-Y signal to SDI (with embedded audio if you like) – you then take the SDI out of the AJA I/O, and go right into the Kona 3.

    Is this acceptable to you, or would you like other suggestions ?

    Bob Zelin

  • the dell has a VGA connector as well. I assume that you must have access to some PC lying around somewhere near you. Plug in your PC VGA output into the Dell. Does it look ok ?

    The Dell 2407 is a fantastic product, but I just got a new one, and the DVI cable from Dell was defective, and the picture was all orange and horrible. I plugged the Dell into my PC (with the VGA cable) and it looked great. I got another DVI cable, and the problem was resolved.

    Bob ZElin

  • Bob Zelin

    November 21, 2006 at 10:47 pm in reply to: Recommended preservation quality SD capture card

    The Kona 3 is used by everyone, including AVID for the Nitris for 4:4:4 input. 3/4″ will look like crap, no matter what you do with it. You take the SDI output of your Digi Beta, and go into the HD input of the Kona 3, and it will upconvert this signal to anything you want – but it will be in a 720p or 1080i format – it ain’t 4:4:4. For Beta, simply play the tapes out of your Digi Beta VTR, the same process – SDI upconverted to HD 10 bit.

    SO, how are you going to store this massive archive.

    Bob ZElin

  • Bob Zelin

    November 21, 2006 at 4:18 am in reply to: Vista support for Multibridge Extreme?

    Leo –
    Blackmagic is the least of your worries. Based on past performance from other manufacturers like ATTO, LSI Logic, Sonnet, HUGE Systems, etc. I am guessing that once Vista gets released, all of your storage products will probably stop working. All of your plug ins for all your graphics programs will probably stop working. As a matter of fact, I bet you that all of your Adobe software stops working. I bet Premier stops working (at least the version that you own).

    So Blackmagic will catch up, when everyone catches up. I bet the only companies invited to the “party” are people like Intel, ATI, and Nvidia. Everyone else will have to wait (but I bet Microsoft EXCEL and WORD work real good when Vista gets released).

    Bob Zelin

  • Bob Zelin

    November 21, 2006 at 4:14 am in reply to: Multibridge/HDLink with Panasonic 50″ Plasma

    never tried ANYTHING with HDMI, so I can’t answer you.

    Bob Zelin

Page 584 of 701

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy