Forum Replies Created

Page 202 of 306
  • Arnie Schlissel

    September 24, 2007 at 4:03 pm in reply to: How to zoom in on a person?

    [Bernard] “Will it keep the HD quailty?”

    No. You picture will look less sharp, or may pixelate if you zoom in too far.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    September 24, 2007 at 4:01 pm in reply to: PhotoShop Graphics in FCP (Studio HD)

    Try changing the premultiplication settings & see if that helps.

    Open the graphic in the viewer, type command-9, and find the setting for the alpha. Toggle between straight & premultiplied.

    If that doesn’t help, then post a still from your timeline so we can see what the problem looks like.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Do you really want to upgrade the G4?

    A Mac Pro will be more compatable with the entire suite right out of the box. And it will render & encode faster. And it will be fully compatable with Leopard, when that starts to ship (soon, perhaps?). And it will probably work with any other software you want to look at over the next 2 or 3 years.

    Will your G4? If it was my money, I’d buy a new Mac & be glad for the tax deduction.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    September 24, 2007 at 11:48 am in reply to: workflow riddle: 24p to 29.97 to 24 p

    Portland, OR; or Portland, ME?

    If the 1st, then look to Vancouver, Seattle or San Francisco. If the 2nd, look to Boston or New York.

    I personally think it is pointless to CC only the 1st 10 minutes of your film. It will only make any flaws in the rest of the film seem more obvious. If you want to CC, CC the whole thing.

    I also think it’s waste of money to down convert and CC in SD. If you ever want to do anything in HD later, then you’ll have to go back to square 1 & re-do any CC you’ve already done.

    I won’t even touch the idea of mixing a downconverted, CC’d beginning with a HD, un-CC’d rest of the film. That’s just a bad idea.

    If this film has any importance to you at all, it should be important enough to do this right.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    September 22, 2007 at 10:08 pm in reply to: Your Own Business Part 1 by Walter Biscardi

    Glad to know that someone feels my pain!

    Mind you, this is not made up. It is, let say, a composite of many such events, typical of this client.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    September 22, 2007 at 3:18 pm in reply to: Your Own Business Part 1 by Walter Biscardi

    [walter biscardi] “I see it as mis-interpretation between myself and the client.”

    Client: “Show me the last one.”

    I bring up the clip we just watched.

    Client: “No. Not that one, the last one. The one we just watched.” (note: We’ve just previewed over a dozen clips)

    I start going back over the clips, one by one in reverse order.

    Me: “Can you describe it?”

    Client: “No. I don’t remember. But it was perfect.”

    Alternate ending:

    Me: “Can you describe it?”

    Client: “He was looking to the right.”

    I show him the clip that’s already edited in the timeline, where he’s looking to the right.

    Me: “You mean this one, that’s always been here?”

    Client: “No not that one.”

    We keep going back, till we find one of the first clips.

    Client: “That’s it! But why’s he looking to the left?”

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    September 17, 2007 at 7:13 pm in reply to: 1080i 60 projects are square

    Take a look at my answer to a similar question 3 threads down. In a nutshell, I’ve found it best to change the project settings to full raster square pixels (in your case, you make it 1920X1080), and then I just make sure the rendered output matches the settings of my FCP timeline. This helps eliminate jaggies & other artifacts that I was seeing on DVCPro HD 720p footage.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    September 17, 2007 at 7:04 pm in reply to: Frame rate of imported files wrong…

    I saw similar results with Snapz Pro X. I never got files to play properly without rendering or exporting them again out of QT.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    September 17, 2007 at 5:15 pm in reply to: AJA IO HD

    [xtrmn8ngangl] “hallo, a friend of mine has ordered an aja IO HD in germany and was a bit scared to purchase it…he believes it will be coming in next week, but asked me to try to find out a couple things for him…”

    Well, maybe it’s just me, but I usually try to find out this type of information before I actually buy an expensive piece of equipment.

    Specs on the Io HD have been available for quite some time, via Aja’s printed ads & their website. They don’t advertise it for uncompressed HD, it doesn’t do uncompressed HD.

    Is the ProRes codec good enough for your friend? I don’t know. Only you or your friend can figure that out by looking at actual footage captured in the codec and used under conditions that you will be using.

    Good luck!

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Make your comp size 1280X720 square pixels. The DVCPro HD footage will be automatically scaled to fit, and your jaggies will magically disappear. I had the same problem in both Motion & Shake, and making the comps full 1280X720 with squar pixels solved it in both programs.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

Page 202 of 306

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy