Forum Replies Created

Page 203 of 306
  • Arnie Schlissel

    September 16, 2007 at 3:29 pm in reply to: outputting HD to a Beta deck

    You’re saying that the quality of the SD output doesn’t match your HD original? Like, it’s not as sharp, perhaps? Well, that’s because it’s not HD.

    You don’t say how you’re downconverting. Hardware conversion through something like an Aja Kona card would be better quality than most software conversion.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    September 16, 2007 at 3:21 pm in reply to: Auido monitor in Viewer

    This is why it’s good to run your audio through an external mixer and then out to your speakers or amp. I simply punch a mute button on the mixer panel if I need to do this.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • This depends partly on which version of FCP you have. Later versions that use the new FX Plug architecture seem to be less compatable with AE filters than previous versions. I know that Shine & Starglow from Trapcode worked in FCP 3, 4 & 5.0.x, but no longer seem to work in 5.1.x.

  • Arnie Schlissel

    September 12, 2007 at 4:54 pm in reply to: new mac mini and fcp 2?

    The Mac Mini and the Macbook (not Macbook Pro) don’t have dedicated graphics cards. Many features of the FCS suite will not work at all on a Mini or non “pro” Macbook.

  • Arnie Schlissel

    September 11, 2007 at 8:41 pm in reply to: export > quicktime movie max 2gb???

    Your drive is probably formatted as FAT32. It needs to be formatted as Mac OS extended.

  • Arnie Schlissel

    September 11, 2007 at 7:40 pm in reply to: Any suggestions on Syncing between workstations?

    If both X-Serves are on the same network, you can probably use Apple Remote Desktop to move files between them. You might also be able to use Carbon Copy Cloner for this. I don’t know if it will work, and I can’t give you any details, but it may be worth looking into.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    September 10, 2007 at 8:32 pm in reply to: Suddenly—w/3&4 audio trax—render required???

    [JR-Links] “Is that some new mutated product, or did you build that yourself?”

    This is the result of having your Mac too close the microwave…

  • Arnie Schlissel

    September 10, 2007 at 4:44 pm in reply to: Favorite Tricks/Cheats

    I cheat audio like crazy. I like to think of picture & sound as being like an married couple that has separate carrers, separate friends, watch separate TV shows, but still like nothing better than to snuggle up together at night to go to sleep. There’s no reason why dialog from a close up couldn’t be used for a medium shot if the lip synch can be made to work.

    Here’s a least favorite cheat- I hate to dissolve on freeze frame or slow-mo. Nothing says “low budget industral” to me more than that.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    September 9, 2007 at 12:23 am in reply to: PLEASE HELP!!!

    You can open an mpeg (either .mpv or .m2v) in the free VLC player: https://www.videolan.org/ Well worth it, not only because it’s free, but it also plays fully authored DVDs, mp4, WMV and any other number of other formats regardless of whether QT supports them or not.

    [weevie833] “First, you will not be able to simply open an MPEG2 file in QT unless you have the Mpeg2 component in your Library/Quicktime folder. It is available here:”

    I can open .m2v files in QT from compressor on all the Macs I work on, & I’ve never had to buy the playback component. I assume that it’s installed with DVD SP.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    September 8, 2007 at 7:43 pm in reply to: Successful OMF export for mix?

    That I wouldn’t know. It’s worth a try, though if you don’t have too many files that are 44.1k to resample them via iTunes & reconnect your media to the 48k versions.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

Page 203 of 306

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy