Forum Replies Created

Page 198 of 306
  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 9, 2007 at 4:52 pm in reply to: png file question

    What are your timeline settings? Are you working with video that interlaced, or progressive? Make the ouput match your timeline.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 9, 2007 at 4:48 pm in reply to: LaCie external hard drive problem

    [Editor@heart] “does this mean I have to erase the external hard drive?”

    yes.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 8, 2007 at 7:07 pm in reply to: Rotoscoping

    Use Silhouette Roto or Shake.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 8, 2007 at 7:05 pm in reply to: PAL Help

    Is this a PAL deck?

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 8, 2007 at 4:07 pm in reply to: Saphirre PUlg Ins

    I’m with Peter. Plus, the render times for Sapphire tends to be on the long side. The render times for FX Facory & other FX Plug plug-ins tends to be pretty quick.

    Truth is that Sapphire really shows it’s origins in AE. The trannies work the same way an AE transition works, not the way an FCP tranny does.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 8, 2007 at 4:01 pm in reply to: Final Cut 2 Project- Can I open it up in FCP 6

    I Don’t think that FCP2 had any XML in or out. That debuted with FCP 3 or 4, so far as I recall.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 8, 2007 at 2:57 pm in reply to: Need fix to a frame rate problem

    Changing the frame rate in CT will speed up the footage, not smooth it out. If you need to smooth out the pans, then you should try adding motion blur, without changing the frame rate. You may need to do this in AE or Shake for the best results.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 7, 2007 at 10:41 pm in reply to: RocketRaid & Raid 5

    Thanks, Kevin!

    It’s good that there’s finally some real choices for SATA/SAS RAID controllers on the Mac side. A year ago, this was simply not the case.

    BTW, when I was researching & shopping last year, I called ATTO, and spoke at lenght with someone fairly senior regarding the R380. I can’t recall now if it was the product manager or a senior development engineer, but I was very impressed at the time that someone that senior had bothered to return a call about a product that wasn’t even on the market yet.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 7, 2007 at 7:24 pm in reply to: RocketRaid & Raid 5

    [Kevin Schumacher] “I’m thinking of giving the Areca 1680 a try”

    Areca is finally supporting Mac OS X? A year ago they weren’t supporting the Mac on these type of products.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 7, 2007 at 1:44 am in reply to: RocketRaid & Raid 5

    I used a Rocket Raid 2322 about year or 11 months ago to build an 8 drive RAID 5. The speed is good, but the RAID can be a bit wonky.

    If I don’t unmount & power down the RAID before shutting down or restarting, the RAID will sometimes mount with a drive missing. Restarting or poping the missing drive out of the enclosure & back in will bring it back & then the RAID will rebuild. I’ve never lost any data, but it’s a pain & I don’t like it.

    I would have preferred the ATTO, but it wasn’t available at the time I needed it. Back then, Highpoint had the only RAID 5 SATA solution for the Mac, so the decision was practically made for me.

    Arnie
    Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
    https://www.arniepix.com/blog

Page 198 of 306

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy