Forum Replies Created

Page 121 of 306
  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 11, 2008 at 11:00 pm in reply to: calculaitng file size.

    Avid has an web based storage calculator:
    https://www.avid.com/dnxhd/widget/storage_calc_widget.html

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 11, 2008 at 5:59 pm in reply to: Motion versus Shake

    [clyde villegas] “Which among the two can you say is the direct competitor of After Effects?”

    Neither. And AE doesn’t compete directly with them, either.

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 10, 2008 at 11:39 pm in reply to: Preserving Superwhites, 100-108 range

    Charles, how are you exporting? I find that when I export footage from FCP in its native format with out recompressing it, all of it’s original information is maintained.

    you should be exporting by using File:Export:Quicktime Movie, not File:Export:Using Quicktime Conversion.

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 10, 2008 at 11:27 pm in reply to: changing clip speed moves other clips

    [jonathan Hudson] “i think i should be able to select a clip in the timeline hit command+j and have a few more options thats all.”

    That is, in effect, an extra step. I think I’ve heard that from some people here before, but most editors seem to want FCP to always behave the same way, be that my & Shane’s preference, or those very nice but tragically misguided people who would prefer otherwise.

    [jonathan Hudson] “my first instincts aren’t always perfect. its called the creative process.”

    Neither are mine. That’s why there are trimming tools! 😉

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 10, 2008 at 11:16 pm in reply to: changing clip speed moves other clips

    Amen, Shane! I agree with you 100%.

    Someone is paying me to make decisions on where the in and out points are, not programmers in Cupertino (who are probably all very nice people, and no doubt mean very well).

    And it makes perfect sense to me that if I make something faster or slower, it’s supposed to get shorter or longer.

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 6, 2008 at 10:52 pm in reply to: Mythbusters Secret Formula

    I sometimes like to watch “Deadliest Catch”, but after a few seasons, it’s starting to feel the same. No crab. Lots of crab, but no sleep. Big waves break over boat (my girlfriend swears & cringes in fear). Break ice. Captain what’s his name yells at 2 Sh**-head sons.

    I occasionally like to catch an episode of “Storm Chasers”. Crazy f**ckers try to drive directly into tornados. Need I say more?

    OTOH, my girlfriend looooves her ‘housey” shows. “Flip this House”, “Flip that House” (they’re on different channels, I can’t remember which is which), some really slow show about someone looking to buy a house. They’re typically 1/2 hour shows, and each is slower than the next.

    She also follows “Project Runway”. She sews herself & likes the creative side of it. I hate the fake melodrama, and I suspect they play waaaay up for the camera.

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 6, 2008 at 10:41 pm in reply to: Mythbusters Secret Formula

    [Mark Suszko] “While I’m on a rant, what’s “historic” about running “Ice Road Truckers” on the History channel?”

    Simple. If they fall through the ice, they’re history!

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • [Jeremy Garchow] “Turn your monitor upside down.”

    Exactly what I was thinking!

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • Jack’s G4 has an AGP slot. According to Mac Tracker, it’s a 4X slot. I expect that it will be difficult to find a compatible card.

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 5, 2008 at 7:57 pm in reply to: All Possible alpha solutions

    Could be. As long as he doesn’t need to switch between cameras or mix multiple sources in real time.

    What do you say, Charles?

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

Page 121 of 306

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy