Forum Replies Created

Page 122 of 306
  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 5, 2008 at 7:48 pm in reply to: All Possible alpha solutions

    [Jeremy Garchow] “No, but a Kona card does.”

    True to a point. It won’t allow you to mix or switch multiple cameras, but it will allow you to key graphics with alpha channels over live video.

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • Arnie Schlissel

    November 5, 2008 at 7:31 pm in reply to: All Possible alpha solutions

    FCP does not have the features to use for live production. For that you should look at something like the Newtek Tricaster: https://www.newtek.com/tricaster/

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • [Chris Fernando] “I’ve got a dialogue track that has a lot of white noise. it’s both wind and traffic.”

    That’s not “white” noise. White noise would sound more like static. Traffic noise tends to be a broad-band noise that overlaps the frequencies of the human voice. It will be very difficult to filter it down and improve or keep the quality of the dialog.

    Matte’s right, your best bet will be ADR.

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 28, 2008 at 5:40 pm in reply to: OT – The future of software is out of Beta

    I could never use a product that uses that music for it’s demo! Nooooooooo! Stop the music!!

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 26, 2008 at 4:28 pm in reply to: slow down with Time Remap – I am STUMPED!

    Yup, that’s it exactly.

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 26, 2008 at 4:17 pm in reply to: batch monitor render complete sound

    I think you can have Compressor send you an email when your job is done. Or you can have an intern sit & watch…

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 26, 2008 at 4:15 pm in reply to: slow down with Time Remap – I am STUMPED!

    If I understand you, you want the beginning and the end of the clip to be normal speed, while the rest of it is slower than normal.

    At the same time, you want it to be exactly the same length, even though most of the clip is slower than normal.

    Well, as Mr. Spock would tell us, this is not possible without violating the laws of physics.

    In order to do what you want to do, some part of the clip must be faster than normal speed to take up the difference in length.

    If you don’t mind the clip being longer, or your out point being earlier, then what you want is fairly easy.

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 26, 2008 at 3:04 am in reply to: Replace many sound clips?

    The simplest & fastest way to do this is to sync all of your sound and picture by the clapper before you start to edit. I usually do this either by scene or by camera roll.

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 22, 2008 at 8:09 pm in reply to: Extra Canvas for Detached Timeline

    [Jeremy Garchow] “The only thing I can’t figure out is how you can gang both of the playheads from the separate timelines together. It appears that is not possible, or maybe I just don’t know the way…”

    If you load one timeline into the viewer, you should be able to gang them. I think…

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

  • Arnie Schlissel

    October 21, 2008 at 3:38 pm in reply to: Jittery Playback

    [Brent Streeper] “The source footage frame rate is 23.976. In After Effects, my Comp is set to a frame rate of 23.98. I’m reframing some shots and exporting them at 23.98 Apple ProRes 422(HQ).”

    That’s a big part of your problem, right there. In AE, all the pulldown menus and presets are for 23.976, but you’ve manually typed in 23.98. AE considers this a different frame rate. And since you’ve rendered out at this frame rate, it’s not playing smoothly.

    Also, while FCP labels 23.976 as 23.98, if you render out from AE at 23.98, it’s not the same frame rate that FCP uses for all of it’s presets. There’s a recent thread about this in the RED forum here a the Cow.

    [Brent Streeper] “Unfortunately, I’m not hooked up to an external monitor, so all I have to go off is the Canvas.”

    As David suggests, you really need to get yourself properly connected to a video monitor to accurately see what you’ve got going on. Even if this is only for web delivery, a video monitor is essential.

    Arnie
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    https://www.arniepix.com/

Page 122 of 306

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy