From what I can tell…purely from observation….is that Anywhere is different from a traditional workgroup and from a proxy workflow.
Material edited via Anywhere is Local to the Anywhere server, but remote from your location.
You copy of Premiere is local to you. So the Anywhere server is essentially doing the heavy lifting working at full resolution, but the only thing it’s supplying to you is the image stream to your viewports.
Sort of like a screen sharing data stream, but you are essentially using Ppro as a client to receive the image stream as directed by you to the various viewports you are working with in the application.
So on a LAN it will be awesome. In a WAN it will still be pretty awesome….but there will be some bottlenecking if people contributing source material for collaboration are remote from the Anywhere server.
I’ve been tossing around some ideas on how they might deal with that…but it’s purely speculative/wishful thinking on my part.
I’m sure NAB will reveal a lot about that technology.
Can’t wait to see or at least hear/read all about it!
Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX