Aindreas Gallagher
Forum Replies Created
-
Aindreas Gallagher
March 19, 2012 at 8:29 pm in reply to: Thoughts on why FCP X is here to stay and the Mac Pro isn’t.orson welles approves this comment.
https://www.zog.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/OrsonWellesClap.gif
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
[Craig Seeman] “It’s already being used in many professional environments including broadcast. “
hey craig, would you maybe be able to give a few examples?
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
March 16, 2012 at 6:10 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro 6 to 5.5 frame grab comparisonwell, you know what they say – they say cinema 4D. unfortunately I spent a couple of years getting decent in max when I was still a pc bod.
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
March 16, 2012 at 3:37 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro 6 to 5.5 frame grab comparisonthanks Jeremy – that was a very informative answer, I take it as a piece with your other thinking on offlines and project mobility.
If this works out its great though -I guess we’re all going to have to learn Avid anyway – (I’m better than I was), but if PPro can step in for a lot of FCP suites, that would suit me to the ground. I spend half my life going back and forth between FCP and AE as it is. My FCP timeline invariable ends up with stacked iteration AE renders on top. Premiere mopping up the non-core LA Avid editing market would be just the ticket.
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
March 16, 2012 at 2:29 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro 6 to 5.5 frame grab comparisonjust one more: do you think adobe consider the lack of a high quality playback and delivery codec in PPro an issue?
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
March 16, 2012 at 1:39 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro 6 to 5.5 frame grab comparison[Dennis Radeke] ” Adobe Premiere Pro cannot read Avid’s OPa MXF file natively. We can read the quicktime wrapped DNX but then that suffers performance because QT is 32-bit whereas Premiere Pro is 64. It’s still viable but not optimal.”
Hi Dennis, do you think this is something adobe consider a strategic issue to be addressed?
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
March 16, 2012 at 1:37 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro 6 to 5.5 frame grab comparison[Liam Hall] “I’m looking forward to CS6 more than any product this year.”
me too – if adobe land this, it solves a lot of the problems the end of FCP created outside the core Avid market.
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
March 16, 2012 at 9:06 am in reply to: Premiere Pro 6 to 5.5 frame grab comparisonCorrect me because I may well be totally wrong here, but while premiere might be able to read and playback the media with DNX and prores installed and living elsewhere on the system, premiere cannot output any of these formats correct? Isn’t a client likely to be taken aback being given uncompressed as the clean master for a fifteen minute corporate thing? Isn’t that just a gigantic unplayable brick?
Doesn’t there need to be a play nicely, high quality, proper colour space sort of thing output media container? Like a premiere 4444?
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
March 16, 2012 at 2:05 am in reply to: Premiere Pro 6 to 5.5 frame grab comparisontoo right. I genuinely do like the look of this.
you’d nearly think the determining factors were functionality with regard to the market.
but that would be insane.
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
ah jesus steve come on.. I write vaguely polemical invective baby, I haven’t written a line of poetry in me life!
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics