Forum Replies Created

Page 117 of 180
  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    March 24, 2006 at 3:57 pm in reply to: Toonification Alternative?

    I don’t really work with photoshop more then for image correction or creating images for animation. Been a while since I did actions of any kind. I don’t want to misdirect you here. I’d suggest reading the help files, and going to the creative cow Phosotoshop and Illustrator forum for more hlep if you get stuck.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    March 24, 2006 at 3:57 pm in reply to: Toonification Alternative?

    I don’t really work with photoshop more then for image correction or creating images for animation. Been a while since I did actions of any kind. I don’t want to misdirect you here. I’d suggest reading the help files, and going to the creative cow Phosotoshop and Illustrator forum for more hlep if you get stuck.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    March 24, 2006 at 2:29 pm in reply to: Toonification Alternative?

    Batch process. Render out of AE as an imaghe sequence.

    In PS, record the steps you take to change 1 frame’s look as a Photoshop Action.

    Then batch process all of the frames at once using the photoshop batch tools, which caqn use the PS action you created. You may be able to do this via bridge as well (with photoshop), but I’m not sure.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    March 24, 2006 at 2:29 pm in reply to: Toonification Alternative?

    Batch process. Render out of AE as an imaghe sequence.

    In PS, record the steps you take to change 1 frame’s look as a Photoshop Action.

    Then batch process all of the frames at once using the photoshop batch tools, which caqn use the PS action you created. You may be able to do this via bridge as well (with photoshop), but I’m not sure.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    March 24, 2006 at 2:25 pm in reply to: BAD flickering effect on vertical movement

    I totally forgot to ask – do you have motion blur turned on for the layer you;re sliding? If not, that could explain it, as well. Turn on motion blur for the layers and comp.

    In your render queue, go into the render settings, and from the section called Time sampling find the pull-down by the word Filed Render. Usually, iat least in the USA, you choose, Lower Field First (LFF), but you could choose Upper Field First (UFF). It doesn’t actually matter so long as the Non-linear editor (NLE) you bring it into knows what the field order is.

    AE will render the video interlaced. You may find the motion looks a little too smooth or mechanical. Occasionally this is a problem.

    Interlacing is only good for broadcast, BTW – if you;re doing this for the web or film, it’s not a solution.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    March 24, 2006 at 4:53 am in reply to: cartoon from video?

    Well, that’s just it – it’s accent – It helps create darker shadows in some areas, and allso accents some of the weaker edges. Not necessary, but it’s a personal choice. I liked the way it looked.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    March 23, 2006 at 11:29 pm in reply to: cartoonification tutorial

    If you;re cartoon footage is sized correctly (all the steps in Part 2) and you have corrected the issues with Pixel Aspect ratio (PAR) after bringing it into AE (Part 3) – this should not be happening.

    When you bring it into AE and correct for the Pixel ASpect Ratio in the interpert footage dialog, what PAR is it set to? Make sure it’s set to the correct PAR. It won’t automatically do this – since Illustrator exports everything in this process as Square pixels.

    Once you’ve re-interpreted the footage properly, make sure that the composition you place it in has the correct PAR and dimensions. If it doesn’t, fixt it.

    Better yet, create the composition from the footage by dropping the footage right ontop of the create new Comp button as I do. Now, becasue of that issue I mention in part 2 where there is a pixel at each end missing) There may be a slight disparity between the footage size and the format you’re targeting – sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn’t – so you could end up with something 720×480 or 721×481. Make sure that the composition setting are checked and fixed once you get it all set up. If for COmp settings you see the word custom byt the preset – you know something is off.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    March 23, 2006 at 10:56 pm in reply to: cartoon from video?

    I wanted to know it would worth the pain to make cartoon out of video, is it a new trend?

    It’s been a popular request since Waking Life, and with the recent commercials for Charles Schwab and the immenent movie “A Scanner Darkly,” people have asked about this more and more. it could be a trend if enough people use it, but who knows. I can’t turn on TV without seeing Trapcode 3D stroke – so who know what people will be using.

    What is the difference simply making a cartoon out of well, cartoon?

    I can’t really draw. And I suspect that many other AE animators can’t either. Plus this, as a production tool, is much cheeper and faster than drawing. Reagrdless, it;s just a nother style. Take it or leave it, it’s another option in the procuction process, and as I mentioned above (3D Stroke), everyone uses the same effects right now, it’s annoying, so new options are always a plus…

    – Why make color corrections then invert to black and white b4 tracing?

    I don’t. In one version I color correct it – for the color output. In the other version I remove the color, raise the contrast, give it some blur and then find edges – to get get edges that illustrator can trace. It’s next to impossible to get good outlines with just regular footage. By finding the edges and making it black and white illustrator can easily and cleanly create edges.

    – Couldn’t the posterize effect (also available in photoshop) do the job faster? I give a cartoon-like look to pics and footage.

    Absolutely. If you like that look, then yes, it’s there for you. I showed you an example of that (sort of) with the Jim Tierny style. I wouldn’t exactly call that cartoon though. Also, there’s one look you can get and one only (for the most part) with Posterize.

    The flexibility of using Illustrator is that you can create many looks and styles and limit your color palletes, and a few other things. I didn’t mention this in the tutorial – I forgot – once you cartoonify the footage you can scale it up as much as you want with no loss in quality – It’s vector art – so theoretically you could even go high def or 4K.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    March 23, 2006 at 10:41 pm in reply to: toonification problems

    that was my guess.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    March 23, 2006 at 10:39 pm in reply to: Contacting Adobe – faulty product

    After Effects Tech support Number (from website) 206-675-6310

    Before you call, make sure that the same files you are having a prob with in 7 open in 6.5. In the past I’ve had panicks where I though a new version software couldn’t read something an older version could read, but then I discovered the older version couldn;t read it iether becasue it was partially corrupt.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Page 117 of 180

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy