Forum Replies Created

Page 114 of 180
  • you kidding- I wear overalls and carry around a pitchfork, I’m so proud to be a part of the cow…

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • For the record, Illustrator CS2 can turn a JPEG into a vector image using LiveTrace.

    Click on my head up there for a tutorial on turning an image sequence into a cartoon. If you watch only part 2 it shows you how to use live trace, and you can skip the rreally technical stuff at the open.

    Still, the image will never be perfect, but you can scale it up infinately.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • For the record, Illustrator CS2 can turn a JPEG into a vector image using LiveTrace.

    Click on my head up there for a tutorial on turning an image sequence into a cartoon. If you watch only part 2 it shows you how to use live trace, and you can skip the rreally technical stuff at the open.

    Still, the image will never be perfect, but you can scale it up infinately.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    April 7, 2006 at 4:39 pm in reply to: Importing into A.E.

    I have no idea what to tell you, did you try the cut and paste?

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    April 7, 2006 at 3:57 pm in reply to: Importing into A.E.

    I just ran a test where i linesd up 2 files in PPro, saved it, and then imported the PPro project into AE 7 (File > Import >File > Premiere Project)

    Then i double clicked on the composition it had created in the project window (in mine it was called Sequence 1, because that’s the default name PPro gave it, and I never changed it), and it opened up with the files lined up.

    So that worked fine.

    As another test, I also selected both pieces of footage and chose Edit > Copy, and then in AE, I created a new comp and hit Edit > Paste and it pasted them in properly as well, all lined up.

    Now on my computer, I can’t even import a PPro 2,0 project into AE 6.5 – I get a message that it’s the wrong format (newer, I guess, so it can’t read it), so I’m not sure how you’re getting AE 6.5 to read it properly.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    April 7, 2006 at 2:52 pm in reply to: Importing into A.E.

    Whoops. Sorry I missed that you were actually bringin in stuff from premiere – I thought you were trying to just set it up the same way in premiere. Whoops.

    Can you descripbe the exact steps your taking to bring thing sin from premiere. Import can mean a lot of things…

    Also, it’s possible that AE 6.5 can;t read PPro files properly, since PPro 2 came out along with AE7. Not sure. Don’t use PPro except for capture.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    April 7, 2006 at 2:21 pm in reply to: Importing into A.E.

    After Effects doesn’t work the same way as premiere. AE is more like an animated version of photshop where layers are infront or behind eachother, but also laid out in time. However, even though you are working on different layers, you are still in the same timeline, so you can line them up in time, just on differernt levels in a stack. so if you have footage A, B, and C, and you wanted them to play in that order you’d set it up like this:

    AAAAAAAAA
    BBBBBBBBB
    CCCCCCCCC

    Since stack order doesn;t matter that much for simple cuts between footage, and time is really of essence here, You could even set them up like this:

    CCCCCCCCC
    AAAAAAAAA
    BBBBBBBBBB

    Or, if you wanted there to be a crossfade, (which you’d have to animate) and you want overlap, you can do that too:

    AAAAAAAAA
    BBBBBBBBBB
    CCCCCCCCC

    After Effects is a compositor, so if you had a guy on a Greenscreen (A), some text that flies behind him (B) and a background image or video (C) you;d just set it up like this:

    AAAAAAAAA
    BBBBBBBBB
    CCCCCCCCC

    Make sense?

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Sounds like you missed a step – make sure you’ve got AI/EPS/PDF Sequence checked off in the import file dialog.

    If you’re in AE 7, Also try dragging the entire folder containing the image sequence directly into the project window – by default AE 7 will assume it’s a sequence.

    6.5 can do this as well, but i don’t know if it;s the default setting or if you need to go into the preferences first.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    April 6, 2006 at 9:28 pm in reply to: problems with using pi and ae

    I hinestly don;t know what to tell you. I’ve never seen anything like this.

    Alan?

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

  • Aharon Rabinowitz

    April 6, 2006 at 5:31 pm in reply to: Anyway to Transparent Background

    I’ve delivered image sequences to final cut, but I have no idea what they did with it. I think it can read them though.

    —————————————-
    Aharon Rabinowitz
    aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
    http://www.allbetsareoff.com
    —————————————-
    Creative Cow Master Series DVD
    particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
    available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Page 114 of 180

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy