Forum Replies Created

Page 372 of 494
  • Adam Trachtenberg

    April 29, 2009 at 3:38 pm in reply to: coloured brushed metal fillet caps

    You’ll want to use the Lumas shader in the color or luminance channel, with anisotropic reflections enabled.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    April 28, 2009 at 8:35 pm in reply to: Render setting for transparent background

    I’m not sure if .png quicktime supports alpha. To be safe I’d set it to millions of colors+, Animation, or render it out as a .tif sequence. Straight alpha is hard to explain, but I’d recommend checking it.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    April 28, 2009 at 8:22 pm in reply to: linking up 2 splines in Xpresso

    Why not use an instance if you want them to be the same shape?

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    April 28, 2009 at 4:22 pm in reply to: Importing animation data

    The easiest way to do it is probably to create a new skeleton with the same structure and naming conventions as the bvh skeleton, weight it to your character, create a skin deformer, and then use a transfer tag to transfer the bvh animation to your character rig. So I guess the short answer is that there isn’t a really easy way to do it. 😉

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    April 28, 2009 at 4:18 pm in reply to: Skin Shading

    I wouldn’t use Lumas and Backlight for this. First thing I’d do is adjust the contrast of the lights (details tab) to soften the shadow/highlight transition. If that wasn’t entirely successful I’d use a bit of ChanLum shader in the luminance channel (all lights must cast shadows for proper effect, or exclude non-shadow casters from ChanLum).

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    April 28, 2009 at 3:41 pm in reply to: Adobe Illustrator 8

    According to Maxon, Adobe doesn’t provide enough information to support the recent formats.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    April 28, 2009 at 3:16 pm in reply to: Novice Having Render Issues

    Did you designate your animated camera as the render view? If not, go to the viewport’s Camera menu, “Scene Cameras”, and select the camera. Then in the viewport’s edit menu, “Use as render view”.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    April 27, 2009 at 4:39 pm in reply to: Bitmap size limit?

    I don’t think there’s a bitmap limit other than the amount of RAM Cinema can access. Certainly the texture size you were using shouldn’t be any problem.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    April 27, 2009 at 5:05 am in reply to: Move Objects to Real World

    You can use the coordinate manager set to World, or you can place the object in a null that’s aligned to world coordinates, or you can drag off the object in one of the orthographic viewports (side, top, front, etc.).

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    April 25, 2009 at 6:27 pm in reply to: Transformer like Effect

    I see. The first part is probably doable with MoGraph, since it’s actually kind of a fake. The letters are just lining up with the cube and not really transforming into it. I’d try to do that with the mograph text object.

    The second part would have to be animated by hand, I’m afraid. I would convert the text to geometry and use the knife tool cut it into chunks. Then use Function>Split to separate the chunks into separate objects.

Page 372 of 494

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy