Adam Trachtenberg
Forum Replies Created
-
I think you may have to reverse the normals of the container sphere’s polygons.
-
I think either plugin would do the job, but Silver Bullet is the more recent one and the one that seems to be getting more attention from the developer lately. I don’t know of any tutorials, but the plugins come with a bunch of sample scenes that are pretty easy to dissect. Here’s the scene I did with it: https://www.3danvil.com/tutorials/Dominos_SB.c4d
-
I know it can be done in RF if you have it already. Unfortunately I’m simply ignorant regarding the Dynamics module. I think it should be doable as long as there aren’t too many dominoes. If you are looking to add software for this I’d highly recommend Remo’s Silver Bullet and/or PhyRis plugins which make this kind of thing a breeze. I literally did this in five minutes using Silver Bullet: https://www.3danvil.com/tutorials/dominoes.mov
-
Does it render correctly in r10, or do you just see it in the viewport? It would be very peculiar if it works, as Cinema doesn’t support *.ai files in textures generally, and it doesn’t support any *.ai files above version 8 — at least officially!
-
My understanding is that the Quadro boards only deliver a real benefit if application-specific drivers have been written for them, and neither nVidio nor Maxon have done so.
Here’s a great Cinema benchmark site that should give you some idea what different cards will do. Note that cpu speed makes a big difference and some of the listed machines are overclocked.
https://www.3dfluff.com/mash/cinebench/top.php
-
Adam Trachtenberg
May 12, 2009 at 6:32 pm in reply to: Projecting Footage onto words in C4D – or separate renders composited in AE?You can use footage as a texture. You just have to set up the material channel’s animation parameters. If you want to see it play in the viewport, enable the “animate preview” function in the material’s editor tab.
You could also project different textuers on each word using lights. In that case you would go into the light’s “Scene” tab, set the mode to include, and drag in your word object. Then the light will only apply to that word.
Or you could composite it together in AE. In that case you would give each word a compositing tab, enable and object buffer, and add an object buffer effect in render settings for each word. When you open the file in AE all of the buffer passes will be in a separate folder and you’ll have to stack them yourself (use them as luma mattes).
-
AFAIK Cinema has never supported the use .ai files in materials.
-
I can’t confirm that here. Only highlighted kfs are deleted.
-
Pretty much every modern graphics card supports enhanced OGL in Cinema. You could save yourself some money by buying an advanced gaming card instead of the quadro, which won’t perform any better in Cinema. If you have other applications that would take advantage of it that’s another story.
Generally speaking the ATI cards are a bit faster than nVidia, but their consumer cards don’t support dual planes which can speed up the viewport if you have a scene with many objects and you’re only moving a few at a time.
-
No problem animating the joints here.