Forum Replies Created

Page 118 of 494
  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 23, 2013 at 5:10 pm in reply to: External Compositing tags not saving to .aec

    What version of Cinema are you using? Are you sure you’re using the most up-to-date Cinema/AE plugin?

    I just tried it using R14 and R15 with AE CS6 and I didn’t have any problem. I created a plane with child, with the position of the plane being driven by Xpresso. I added an external compositing tag to create a solid in AE and it worked without a hitch. No baking required.

  • I don’t think it’s possible to have different motion blur settings for the same object. Only way I can think of would be to bake the animation to keyframes, split off the wings, and use motion blur tags to limit the moblur to the wings.

  • I don’t know how the sample video was done, but there’s really no way to tell a simulation where the pieces should end up. I think what you’ll have to do is start with the pieces assembled, bounce them out, and then run it backwards.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 20, 2013 at 10:05 pm in reply to: How could I achieve a stretching rubber effect?

    The plane has to have LOTS of polygons to deform smoothly.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 20, 2013 at 5:37 pm in reply to: How could I achieve a stretching rubber effect?

    You have three options:

    1. collision deformer;
    2. cloth simulation;
    3. soft body dynamics.

    Of the three the collision deformer is probably the easiest to control.

  • It’s possible to mix mograph animation with dynamics, but it’s hard to control. I think your best bet would be to cache the dynamics and then animate the visibility of the pieces that you want to animate manually, substituting in non-dynamic objects.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 19, 2013 at 3:00 pm in reply to: Baking Alembic PLA info to a Cinema 4D object

    Nitrobake can do it: https://nitro4d.com/blog/donationware/nitrobake/

    Lennart Wallen also has a free plugin that may be able to do it; maybe try that first. https://tcastudios.com/?p=19

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 17, 2013 at 2:49 pm in reply to: Textured object but different-coloured luminance?

    by illuminate you mean you want the object to generate GI illumination? If so you can do it using two objects with compositing tags. One object would be visible to the camera but invisible to the GI calculation while the duplicate object would be invisible to the camera but visible to GI.

    Make two copies of your object, one with the color material and the other with the luminance material. The one who’s color you want to see gets a compositing tag with default settings, except you want to uncheck the “seen by GI” box.

    The other object gets the luminant material and a compositing tag with default settings except with “seen by camera” unchecked.

    That should do it.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 16, 2013 at 6:35 pm in reply to: Invert perspective in Gentleman camera mode?

    I don’t think it’s possible to rotate the axonometric cameras. Instead you would have to put your scene inside a null and rotate the null.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    October 16, 2013 at 6:30 pm in reply to: rendering particles

    The standard emitter has separate settings for birth rate in the editor view and for the rendered output. Is it possible that you increased the editor output but not the render output?

    As for random color, there is a way to do it. Basically what you would do is use a cloner to generate the particle geometry instead of the emitter. Set the cloner to object mode and drag the emitter into the object link box. Then assign the cloner a random effector with color mode turned on. Instant random colors.

Page 118 of 494

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy