Forum Replies Created

Page 109 of 494
  • Adam Trachtenberg

    February 1, 2014 at 6:24 pm in reply to: Cloth banner collision problem when unrolling

    That’s a tough one for cloth to handle. What I might try to do is make a duplicate of the banners and animate the second copy unrolling via a bend deformer. Then bake both copies to PLA and set up one as the morph of the other using the pose morph tag. Finally, I’d use a morph deformer with linear falloff to keep the bend deformer animation on the roll while allowing the cloth animation to affect the unrolled portion. I think that would work, but I haven’t actually tried it so I can’t guarantee it.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    January 29, 2014 at 8:05 pm in reply to: Out of Memory Render Errors

    Some things you may be able to do: delete any unnecessary UV tags (they roughly double the memory size of objects), reduce shadow map size, lower ray depth and shadow depth settings, use smaller textures, use lower hyper nurbs settings….

    Hard to say what else without having a better idea what the scene is like.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    January 29, 2014 at 4:25 am in reply to: Problem with timing on a gun.

    As already noted, you can only render something as fast as the framerate allows. I think the way you get around it is to render with subframe motion blur.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    January 27, 2014 at 11:19 pm in reply to: Move dynamic cloth

    So you have two cloth systems in your scene: one for the kite and another for the tail? If I understand your setup, you would belt the kite to the string and then belt the tail to the kite. The hierarchy is irrelevant.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    January 27, 2014 at 11:12 pm in reply to: Weird keyframe jumps

    Seems like something is causing a refresh, which shouldn’t happen from regular viewport manipulation. You’re not hitting the “A” key? Do you have any plugins? If so you might try removing them. If the problem clears try loading them back one at a time until you figure out which is causing the problem.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    January 24, 2014 at 9:06 pm in reply to: Advection animation

    Plugins required in Cinema. X-particles can handle liquid-type simulations but it doesn’t have a volumetric renderer. For that you would need Navie Effex ( https://www.dpit2.de/navie/index.php ) or Turbulence FD ( https://www.jawset.com/ ).

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    January 24, 2014 at 2:12 am in reply to: R15 GI Flickering

    Glad I could help. Benefits me, too, as I wasn’t paying enough attention to QMC.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    January 23, 2014 at 8:40 pm in reply to: R15 GI Flickering

    Okay, I’ve done some testing and I think I’ve figured it out. Basically, the old indirect illumination from physical render was relatively fast because it was using a low sample count — much lower than the “low” setting in the QMC default.

    I find I can get a slightly better (less grainy) result a little faster using the following settings:

    Primary method: QMC
    Secondary method: Radiosity maps

    Custom sample count: 24
    Radiosity map sample density: 50%

    Everything else at default.

    Give it a shot and let me know what you find.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    January 23, 2014 at 7:19 pm in reply to: R15 GI Flickering

    The GI in R14’s physical render settings was nothing more than QMC, so if you want the same result … use QMC. Unfortunately the other option is to bump up the cache settings and do a bunch of test renders.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    January 22, 2014 at 4:02 pm in reply to: Issue with lighting and a transparent cube

    What is your light setup? Are you sure light is shining inside the object? Have you tried placing a light inside?

Page 109 of 494

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy