Forum Replies Created

Page 108 of 494
  • Adam Trachtenberg

    February 5, 2014 at 1:14 am in reply to: Getting Rid of Grainy Renders

    The grain is probably coming the AO. Try increasing the maximum samples and/or accuracy.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    February 4, 2014 at 9:45 pm in reply to: Cinema 4D plain effector

    Volume effector would probably work, but this is also doable with the Plain Effector. As with most effectors, one of the falloff options is “Source”. The source option allows you to use a polygon object to define the falloff shape.

    Keep in mind that this option only seems to look at points, so the source object has to be reasonably subdivided to produce a good result.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    February 4, 2014 at 9:38 pm in reply to: Xrefs relative timing between different projects

    Sure, in the Xref object properties>Animation, just use the offset function. So if you want your xref animation to start on frame 300 … set the offset to 300F.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    February 4, 2014 at 9:32 pm in reply to: Getting Rid of Grainy Renders

    Need more information. Are you using GI? If so, QMC mode? Area shadows? HDRI background? Any noise in the textures?

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    February 4, 2014 at 9:30 pm in reply to: XPresso Wires – Group Move?

    I don’t think it’s possible, unfortunately. Submitted this as a request years ago but no such luck. If you have a minute maybe submit it on Maxon’s website.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    February 3, 2014 at 6:03 pm in reply to: Coiling Paperroll or Cableroll C4D

    There’s probably a better way to do this (mine requires running animation backward) but it’s what occurred to me off the top of my head: 7091_cableunwrap.c4d.zip

    As you can see, I animated the bend deformer’s position and then counter-animated the null that hold’s the cylinder and deformer to give the appearance that the roll isn’t moving. I could have also animated the null’s Y position to keep it stationary in Y. Obviously I could have animated in reverse order to do an unroll instead of a roll, but you can also handle that with a time track if you want.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    February 2, 2014 at 9:10 pm in reply to: Sub Frame Motion Blur

    One thing you can do is disable anti-aliasing, because subframe motion blur does its own kind of AA.

    You can also try using vector motion blur instead of subframe.

    Personally I usually render without motion blur and then add it in post using Realsmart Motion Blur.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    February 2, 2014 at 6:35 pm in reply to: Recommend any good free plugins?

    The free plugins that I use on a regular basis are Magic Solo by Nitroman, Drop-It! by Koruyama, ArrowMaker, and Advanced Atom Array.

    KyamaSlide was a must-have for earlier versions of Cinema.

    I don’t have the links, but you can Google’em.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    February 2, 2014 at 6:27 pm in reply to: Print “pixel aspect ratio”

    Huh. Add me to the list of those who don’t get the problem. When I select print presets the height/width ratio is correct on screen and in print. I can hold a piece of paper to the screen and it fits exactly.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    February 2, 2014 at 4:35 pm in reply to: Print “pixel aspect ratio”

    Have you set the pixel aspect to 1 (square)?

Page 108 of 494

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy