Adam Trachtenberg
Forum Replies Created
-
Using Xpresso I believe you would add or multiply a noise node into the position, but personally I’d keep it simple and use Mograph effectors in deformer mode to do this:
-
What version of Cinema are you using? If it’s R15 it sounds like you might want to use the camera calibration tool.
Otherwise … I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Do you have a link to the tutorial you’re trying to follow?
-
Generally speaking I would do the movement of the text using constraint tags (in the character tag section). For example, you might have a copy of the letter attached to your robot in the way you want and another copy of the letter in place. Hide those copies. Then you’d have your third copy on the floor for the robot to pick up. Use a PSR constraint to constrain the letter’s position/rotation to the one attached to the robot when the robot gets in position. Move the robot to the other hidden letter and then switch the constraint to that letter.
Hard to be more specific than that without seeing your setup.
-
What are the first and third tags on the tree object?
-
Adam Trachtenberg
March 25, 2014 at 7:30 pm in reply to: Anyone can give some ideas on how to make a layer of ice that “frosts” on an object like a landscape?This GSG tutorial may be helpful, depending on the look you’re after: https://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/tutorials/how-to-make-an-animated-freezing-ice-effect-in-cinema-4d/
-
Adam Trachtenberg
March 21, 2014 at 9:47 pm in reply to: How do I properly bake a texture in Cinema 4D?I don’t think the bake object command supports alpha channels. Use the bake texture tag instead. Check the “use polygon selection” box, alpha channel, and whatever other channels you want. If you render to a single file you may have to pick the layer sets manually when you set up the new texture.
-
The problem is that you’re trying to keyframe on the X(H) axis instead of the Z (B) axis. Because of rotation order issues, that will cause a problem any time your object is already rotated on other axes.
So, another way around it would be to go the coordinates tab of all your objects and freeze transformations before you start animating.
It’s a tricky subject. I suggest you search for “rotation order” in the help docs and read up.
-
Adam Trachtenberg
March 20, 2014 at 3:12 am in reply to: Physical Rendering – Embree (faster) – The more RAM the faster??Adding RAM will only improve render time if you’re running out of physical RAM now. You probably aren’t unless you’re rendering very large scenes or huge textures.
-
Adam Trachtenberg
March 18, 2014 at 8:40 pm in reply to: How to apply a mograph effector to a random selection of clones?In the attached file I set the Shader Effector to use 3D noise, heavily clamped. It’s affecting color as a visual guide, but more importantly it’s Parameter>Weight Transform is set to 100%. The plain effector’s weight is set to 0% in its falloff tab.
Because of the above, and because the Shader Effector is first in the cloner’s effector list, the Shader Effector controls the weight that’s applied to the Plain Effector.
File: 7247_randomplaineffectoramt.c4d.zip
-
I was thinking that Greebler may be able to do what you’re looking for since you can add your own custom greebles, but maybe not.
The only other thing I can think of is FusionThing, but I don’t know if it’s supported after R13: https://www.lotsofpixels.com/c4dplugins/fusionThing/