Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity Forums Adobe Premiere Pro Premiere CC 2014 update constant freezes and crashes

• Colby Wayne

September 12, 2014 at 12:31 am

Does Adobe have an ETA on when the issues will be corrected. I can’t tell you how many hours have been lost on projects due to this update.

• Nick Jenkins

September 23, 2014 at 7:45 pm

And it continues. Try to do any effects of any kind and everything becomes tumultuous.

• Alex Garcia

October 7, 2014 at 7:46 am

I just updated to the new CC ver 2014 8.1.0 and STILL CRASHING EVERY 10 minutes with gopro footage 2k res mixed in with canon video and some simple text graphics for 30 second commercial. FRUSTRATED!!

• Frederick Shanahan

October 8, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Indeed, it has all been said already on this thread, but I’m a relatively calm, patient person, and this bug has made me borderline homicidal. I switched to Adobe CC thinking I was being smart and keeping with the times, and it TOTALLY screwed me. You can’t turn to your client and say “sorry, my software has been freezing up, that’s why you don’t have your project on time.” This experience has tarnished my entire attitude towards Adobe. This thread started 4 months ago and the issue still isn’t fixed… I wish I could trust this company moving forward, but honestly it’s going to be very difficult.

• Cory Kersey

October 11, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Even after the most recent update, this problem is still happening and it gets worse. Adobe needs to act quick before I cancel my membership.

Brand New 2014 27″ iMac
    3.7Ghz Quad i7
    4GB Nvidia GTX 780M
    24GB Of Ram
    3TB Fusion Drive

• Derek Carlson

October 15, 2014 at 4:27 am

Same issue. Freezes on the canvas, and have to restart every 15 minutes. Unacceptable.

iMac 27″ 3.4 ghz i7 Quad Core
    16GB Ram
    AMD Radeon HD 6970m
    OSX 10..9.4

• Emma Garrison

October 23, 2014 at 6:31 pm

I just switched to Premier from FCPX because I heard it was more like FCP 7 and it connects to AE and AU. But I am experiencing the same problem. It started after I ran my first render and added a few Warp Stabilizers. I am going through and deleting the effects now to see if that helps but is there any fix for this yet? What are we supposed to do?

• Melissa Cooperman

October 24, 2014 at 6:17 pm

My work around is I exported the sequence that Pleural Eyes made for me and that I imported as an XML file into Premiere CC (I’ve deleted Premiere CC 2014 after reading latest posts here) and with the crashes each time I tried to cut, etc…I just exported the sequence as is and reimported into Premiere Project and have been cutting from there. I just need an assembly cut right now to share with a client so this method allowed me to keep working.

• Scott Flyger

October 29, 2014 at 4:14 am

I have had success collecting the lost sequences when a project converted to PPCC2014 no longer opens ( & neither will its backups). I use After Effects to import the sequences I want from the PPCC2014 project container file which seems to work.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why the project I had saved before lunch & then restarted should now refuse to open/crash PPCC2014 when it partially loads project.

Trying the AE method will at least enable some form of rescue which has not been possible via other means. Importing using PPCC via the same method doesn’t work!?! No Dynamic Link for some reason.

• Peter Pilafian

October 30, 2014 at 6:30 pm

This crashing is getting worse, and quite random. Part way through a render. Instantly upon pressing play in a timeline. Etc. Every time it is a complete crash, back to a cold boot.

I did see a post somewhere that if you go back to version 8.0 (the current PPRO CC2014 is 8.1, I believe) then the crashing went away.

However, I cannot find anything on adobe’s site regarding how to get 8.0.
    It only shows options for 7.xx

Getting harder and harder to remain calm. Already postponed one screening because of this.

Peter

Horizon Pictures, Inc.
    Wilson Wyoming

Page 4 of 7

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy