Zane Barker
Forum Replies Created
-
David I do not appreciate you calling my friend an idiot.
It seems that you did not fully read that kbase article from Apple there, because it actually says that OSX does to some basic defrag. I never said it did a complete defrag but it does do a basic defrag.
https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1375?viewlocale=en_US
I quote the artical
“Mac OS X 10.2 and later includes delayed allocation for Mac OS X Extended-formatted volumes. This allows a number of small allocations to be combined into a single large allocation in one area of the disk.”
Sounds like a basic defray to me.
And another part.
Mac OS X 10.3 Panther can also automatically defragment such slow-growing files. This process is sometimes known as “Hot-File-Adaptive-Clustering.”
Yes it says 10.3, but if 10.3 did it then surly 10.5 also does.
I think you should fully read an article that you list as your proof not doing so makes you look like the idiot.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
[Mark Brown] “All I’m getting from this forum is vague rebutles, and no specific aid. Again, I am sorry that I am not as educated on the intricacies of FC, but I am just trying to learn.”
Mark please don’t think that anyone on here is being harsh because you are new to FCP. The reason that they may come across that way is because nobody here can see your setup, or anything about the project you are working on unless you tell us. If everyone just guessed about the type of footage you are working with, or what your settings are then you would never get any real help.
Just from what I have read on this post it seems like you know vary little about video production, now there is nothing wrong with that, however ending up with a polished good looking video is not as easy as many people think it is. If you plan on continuing to work with a high end program like FCP then I am going to highly recommend taking a course in basic video.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
[Amir Abed] “Very rarely do macs need to be defragged and its actually recommend by apple not to do it”
I know a guy who works as a mac genius at a Apple Store and he once told me that OS X actually does basic defragging in the background. He also aid that there is absolutely nothing wrong with using 3rd party programs like Drive Genius to do a full defrag.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
Just thought a more discriptive subject line would help you. Saying why why why says nothing of what your problem is.
-
[bruno silva] “I understand the couple doesn’t want to spend $3000 for a professional”
Well in my opinion wedding videographers charge such high rates because of the mess they have to deal with in that type of business.
And there is one thing worse then bridezilla, and that is the mother.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
I think you may be a little confused as to how time machine works.
A Time Machine backup can be used in one of two ways.
1- Restoring a computer that has a fresh install of the OS.
2- bringing back individual files.Printer settings are not really a file you can just bring back.
Try resetting the printing system.
Go to Print & Fax in System Preferences. Right click or control click on the list of printers and select reset printing system.Once you reset the printing system try re-adding the printer
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
[Laura Gruszczynski] “I am holding the “C” key during startup”
To the best of my knowledge the C key only woks on old PPC Macs.
Hold down the option key.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
[James Whittington] “Is there anything else that you all would strongly recommend adding to that?”
Apple Care is a MUST!
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
Get the 17″ MBP. It’s an amazing machine, not to big at all, still vary portable. I love mine.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
Nice little video, but looking closely at the body at start of the video it is not a Mac. It must be some plot from Microsoft to destroy Apple.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity!