Forum Replies Created
-
It shouldn’t make a difference but if you’re working in NTSC, your field order needs to be lower field first.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
That all sounds correct and I just checked a clip here with an alpha channel and it has the same settings as that. Not really sure why the alpha would not be working correctly then.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
What does the Properties of the clip say?
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
DVCPro HD is no problem here and I’m running the G-RAID through the standard Mac FW-800 port and I even have two units daisy chained. I just posted a review on the G-RAID showing the results of various types of media and DVCPro HD is one of the media I tested.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
You can use the Title Crawl title feature in FCP. I’ve also done this in photoshop by simply creating a very long text line and using the Motion tab in FCP to slide it left to right.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[Mike Most] “Over 90% of network television – and a good percentage of cable – is produced in Los Angeles, and probably 99% of network television is posted there.”
If you’re talking network television as in the big four (Fox, NBC, CBS, ABC) then you may be right about your numbers, though I really doubt 99% of those shows are cut in the LA area. If you’re talking network television as in all the networks on cable today, then you’re wrong.
I really don’t consider the big four as nearly as signficant than say 10 years ago. Some of the best work on TV today is on the Cable networks such as HBO and the Discovery Networks. I know there are quite a fews shows being posted right here in Atlanta for networks such as the Discovery Networks, MTV and quite a few others.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
If you’re trying to do a review copy for a client, say on DVD you can do this easily with a 1200A deck.
I do an Edit to Tape to the 1200A using a recycled tape, then feed that output to my DVD Recorder with the Super turned on in the Deck. This sends out a window burn to the DVD. You MUST do this Edit to Tape using HD-SDI though because if you do the edit via Firewire, you’ll get black hits on the analog outputs.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[filip] “but anyhow system stops during a day (+- 8h work) aboout 8-10 times or sometimes even mor”
Something is VERY wrong with your setup. I’m running FCP 5.0 with 10.4.1 (haven’t run the updates yet) and haven’t crashed in about 3 weeks now.
since you didn’t post any information about your setup (mac hardware, os, software, etc….) i have no idea where to suggest you start. The only thing I can say is to ensure that you are running an approved setup per BlackMagic and Apple specs.
You can view my Profile to see the three hardware setups I’m running and all are running about perfectly in their configs.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[Jerry Hofmann] “David, do you know how much it costs?”
$2,699.95 (US) at B&H Photo vs. $1,600 for the AJA Component to HD-SDI converter.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
It’s a decision you need to make together with your wife. I have moved three times and then 4 years ago started my own company. Each time it was a decision we made together.
As for needing to move to LA or New York, I don’t see that any more. Here in Atlanta, I’m cutting a broadcast series in HD, have several more series looking to post here, so high end work is everywhere these days.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters