Forum Replies Created
-
To get better performance, you really need to improve the graphics card on the system. I have two identical G5 systems, but one has the ATI x800XT card and it’s a much faster and more responsive system than the system with the stock G5 graphics card.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Yep, that’s pretty much it, as Chris says. If you have a flattened photoshop image or an image with no layers, FCP will not recognize the transparency.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[AG] ”
Thanks for the replies. My gut tells me to go with DV (It’s Digital!) and give the Client the DV50 Quicktime as well as a Master.”Yes DV is Digital but DVCAM is a lower quality digital than DV50. Thus BetaSP would actually be the better mastering source between the two.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
I’d go with BetaSP
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Walter Biscardi
August 6, 2005 at 12:52 pm in reply to: Best way to capture DVD-R travel videos into FCP4?If you’re trying to keep everything as clean as possible, you’ll want to avoid DV capture as that will add more artifacts and really degrade your image quality.
If you can find a DVD Player with an SDI output, that would be ideal so you could capture digital uncompressed from the machine to maintain absolute highest quality. Next from that that I would recommend the AJA Io LA to take the S-Video feed out of the DVD Player and capture at 8bit uncompressed. The Io LA is probably a more viable option.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Set your Motion Tab render setting to Best under the Video Processing tab and be sure to render the graphic.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Walter Biscardi
August 5, 2005 at 10:31 pm in reply to: Serious Project File Corruption in FCP 5.0 and FCP 5.0.2[Walter Biscardi] “I think it’s definitely some sort of a buggy still frame thing that has not been solve in FCP 5.0 and want to run some tests to see how easy / hard it is to set off this issue.”
I can confirm that this is definitely a bug. Even with Memory Cache set to 50% (1GB) I got the issue again today when I was trimming a Nest in a sequence. Got the red screen, got the “Not Found!” error followed by the “Out of Memory” Error. Quit FCP, Trashed Prefs, Reset the Memory Cache to 50%, re-opened my project and all was well.
Will test soon and see what exactly will make it trip.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Walter Biscardi
August 5, 2005 at 12:59 am in reply to: Serious Project File Corruption in FCP 5.0 and FCP 5.0.2[Peter Wiggins] “It was something simple! :-)”
I really don’t understand this one and will have to delve deeper into this when I clear the project out. It’s only 20 still images and 4 photoshop files, all 72dpi so why does that cause an utter shutdown of a project even with the default Still memory cache? In 4 years of cutting with FCP I’ve never adjusted that setting and have had projects with several hundred stills in them.
I think it’s definitely some sort of a buggy still frame thing that has not been solve in FCP 5.0 and want to run some tests to see how easy / hard it is to set off this issue.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Walter Biscardi
August 4, 2005 at 10:54 pm in reply to: Serious Project File Corruption in FCP 5.0 and FCP 5.0.2Looks like we found it. The Still Memory setting needed to be turned up so we upped it to 50% from the original 10%. I never figured on that one since there’s only 20 stills and 4 photoshop graphics. So there you go, make sure you have enough Still Memory allocated to your projects if you see something like this.
Hopefully this info helps someone else out there.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Walter Biscardi
August 4, 2005 at 10:08 pm in reply to: Serious Project File Corruption in FCP 5.0 and FCP 5.0.2[Walter Biscardi] “Working on a DV-NTSC project and am suddenly getting the red Canvas Screen with the “Out of Memory” error. I’ll quit FCP, trash prefs, re-launch FCP and will get the “” error message when I try to launch the affected timeline. There is no way to open the timeline up. For some reason I can right click on the Sequence icon in the Browser and export the timeline as a Quicktime movie but FCP refused to allow me to open up the timeline at all.”
Whoops, left out that I get the “Not Found” error messgae when I try to launch the affected timeline after re-launching FCP.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters