Forum Replies Created

Page 151 of 247
  • Tom Daigon

    January 11, 2012 at 2:05 am in reply to: 24p and Decklink

    As I understand it, when using third party hardware for external display, you must use the manufacturers sequence (I must use AJA sequences not Adobe) to be able to see it on my engineering monitor.

    In sequence setting you have Editing Mode settings (must be AJA) and Preview Mode setting (Format and Codec).(PIX 1)

    I altered the Preview codecs (Pix 2)

    and still got Kona 3 output on my monitor. Again, not sure about BM.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    January 11, 2012 at 1:46 am in reply to: 24p and Decklink

    Oliver , when I bump into gremlins like this I…

    1. Go to Preferences / Media and clean cache
    2. Delete preview files
    3. Delete Preferences by holding down Command-Option-Shift

    I use a Kona 3 so Im not that familiar with BM issues. Sorry.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    January 8, 2012 at 6:31 pm in reply to: Nice free transitions for PrP 5.5

    Gabriel, Im glad you are happy with them!

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    January 8, 2012 at 6:23 pm in reply to: Need to export multiple audio tracks simultaneously.

    My mistake. Ive been using 5.5 and therefore based my response on my current version.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    January 7, 2012 at 6:15 pm in reply to: No Quicktime Presets

    FCP and PrP function very differently. FCP is Prores based and PrP is universal and will play any format natively. I strongly advise you to get this book because its clear to me that you need to understand how PrP works so you can effectively edit with it.

    https://www.amazon.com/Editors-Guide-Adobe-Premiere-Pro/dp/0321773012

    That being said PrP will play any clip and if you use the Create Sequence function, it will match the sequence to the clip.Its crucial that the basic FORMAT parameters match the clip, NOT the codec. The crucial time to select Prores is when exporting. AME gives you the option to export in MANY Quicktime formats.

    I hope this helps. I got that book and found that I was banging my head against the wall a lot less. 😀

    ( There are even QT options for Preview Files, but understanding PrPs workflow is necessary to understand the role of Preview files, which are nothing like FCP render files. I hesitated to even mention them since it could only serve to confuse things.)

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    January 7, 2012 at 2:14 am in reply to: Nice free transitions for PrP 5.5

    As a beta tester for Boris I am under a strict NDA. At this time thats about all I can say.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    January 6, 2012 at 10:25 pm in reply to: Nice free transitions for PrP 5.5

    Joe, just grab the plugins and drop them RIGHT THERE into either the 5.0 or 5.5 folders they have provided you. Easy Peasy. 😀

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    January 6, 2012 at 5:50 pm in reply to: Need to export multiple audio tracks simultaneously.

    Yes, in CS5 Soundbooth was replaced by Audition.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    January 6, 2012 at 5:09 pm in reply to: Need to export multiple audio tracks simultaneously.

    Just for clarity, the person you have been interacting with mentioned Audition as a possible way to get out multi audio tracks, not Soundbooth

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    January 5, 2012 at 8:48 pm in reply to: Nice free transitions for PrP 5.5

    My experience with Red 5 for TRANSITIONS in Premiere Pro 5.5 has been without issue. I use After Effects for everything else. Your bad experiences sound like they are with past versions. Again, I am referring to the wonderful ability for fast rendering of transitions in PrP 5.5 on a very fast capable computer.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

Page 151 of 247

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy