Forum Replies Created

Page 170 of 350
  • I’m not sure what to make of this issue… When you test various systems, have you been moving the same media from the same project around? Media problems wouldn’t be out of the question…

    While I wouldn’t recommend it, I use CS4 on a a Dell M90 running XP Pro with only 2 GB of RAM to edit EXcam footage on a USB2 drive. I allow for the occasional lag…it seems to work without crashing.

    The one caveat I have is that even on my laptop, I only run Quadro series display cards… I’m not sure if that makes a difference, but I’ve not had a lot of issues. Anecdotally, it does seem that many people with problems seem to have ATI display cards, or NVIDIA gamer cards.

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Oh…another DSLR.

    I have had no luck with H264 from a DSLR playing back in PPro…I don’t know what the problem with the stuff is…I use H264 compressed footage from video sources all the time, but DSLR footage is not particularly easy or conventional to decode for some reason.

    …It’s also -very- aggressively compressed…it’s like a massive-sized FLIP camcorder clip.

    Honestly, for most applications I’d not recommend a DSLR for any conventional video acquisition purposes…not to mention that I have yet to see one with a decent microphone jack…

    You may have to convert this stuff to something to get it to run, but a quality hit seems unavoidable due to the amount of compression on the original file in all the scenarios I’ve personally tried.

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    August 11, 2009 at 2:24 pm in reply to: ex 1 not responding to gain switch

    Is the camera set for a Profile?

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • I use H264 on the timeline fairly frequently, but not as the mainstay of my projects…

    H264 is incredibly space efficient and anything you would convert it to would be somewhat to absurdly larger files…not to mention that converting to another compressed format will likely affect image quality somewhat.

    As far as your system goes…it’s lightweight for CS4 with a no-stress format. I’d personally recommend 2 dual-core processors at a minumum and 8 GB of RAM and Vista to run CS4. So part of the issue could be that Premiere Pro CS4 is running RAM-restricted as well…

    What sort of camera are we talking about here?

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    August 11, 2009 at 2:04 pm in reply to: Titles that distort my video

    What is your video quality set for in the video overlay panel menu? If it’s set to auto, it’s likley just dropping the resolution when you’re previewing to keep up. If you have a big enough machine, it may be able to preview with the quality set higher…

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    August 11, 2009 at 4:56 am in reply to: Premiere Pro CS4 plastic key set

    Not sure which one you saw…there are several manufacturers.

    One is here: https://www.logickeyboard.com

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    August 11, 2009 at 2:20 am in reply to: ground loop isolator

    In a new building, ground loops are kind of inexcusable…

    I used to work for an institution with a studio and suddenly one day we had interference that seemed to manifest itself as ground loops all over the place. They went as far as drilling down through the concrete base of the building and driving a freaking copper rod 7 feet into the ground…still had issues.

    They finally found a fluorescent light fixture in a near by rest room that had gotten a defective ballast changed and was configured improperly. AC problems gone.

    All told, I suspect that was the most expensive light ballast ever installed…

    BTW…I think Humbuckers are OK…I’ve had mixed results. I’ve done a lot of large conference staging jobs where we simply scouted the power ahead of time and brought or bought adequate AC cabling to route it properly.

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    August 10, 2009 at 10:22 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro CS4 and Xena LH A/V sync

    How are the rest of the output settings set up? Make sure you’re feeding out SD if it’s a standard def monitor…

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    August 10, 2009 at 10:20 pm in reply to: *New* XENA Software v. 4.1.1

    As far as I know, there hasn’t been any changes in audio I/O functionality in the v4.1.1 software update.

    I use an additional box (Inpsire GT) to feed/monitor Audition audio.

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    August 10, 2009 at 8:34 pm in reply to: CS4 warning

    The program hasn’t changed…the Operating system has…

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

Page 170 of 350

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy