Forum Replies Created

Page 167 of 350
  • Tim Kolb

    September 4, 2009 at 1:17 pm in reply to: Video length does not match audio…

    So…I guess it isn’t the codec.

    I would check out the movie inspector in QT player and see what it says about the file.

    Also, it will be helpful to get the QT version…

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    September 4, 2009 at 1:13 pm in reply to: Apple ProRes imported into Mac Premiere CS3

    PPro is not really ‘tuned’ to be optimized for ProRes like FCP is…you’ll need to ask Apple about allowing some access there…

    However…I’ve imported ProRes clips on PPro Windows and had very few issues, is your computer configuration up to speed for ProRes playback?

    On the audio…is the IO writing independent files? Video in one file and audio in another?

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    September 4, 2009 at 1:10 pm in reply to: Adobe Premiere CS4 is ALWAYS crashing!

    On the media encoder…make sure you use the fly-out menu on the right side of the encoder settings dialog and uncheck the use XML option…processing the metadata from every clip in the timeline adds considerable processing time on the front end and it can appear that the app hangs.

    What sort of .movs are you using?

    I’ve edited QT ProRes projects on my WXP laptop in CS4..no crashes, so I know it isn’t QT itself.

    …though I would check the minimum QT version requirements for CS4 and verify that you have that version.

    Does it hang at a certain point in the timeline?

    I know that PPro has traditionally been really poor zt handling lots of JPEGs on the timeline…I wonder if lots of TIFs are an issue? I’d put the TIFs in a different directory on your harddrive so the project can’t find them, and then leave them offline and see if the project behaves with just the .mov files…

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    September 4, 2009 at 12:52 pm in reply to: analog output levels

    What happens when you switch to NTSC-J?

    Have you attempted to reinstall the drivers? Any changes to the system lately? Have you output before with proper black levels?

    I assume you’ve confirmed the scope is calibrated.

    I won’t be near my workstation for a while…so I’m trying to recall the Machina settings available…

    I don’t think that pedestal is independently switchable…it’s attached to the setting.

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    September 4, 2009 at 2:59 am in reply to: Preferred vehicle for SNOW COUNTRY Freelance DPs?

    Don’t like minivans…hmmm.

    I get 26 mpg highway when the rear end is squat with gear load on my Ford Windstar. Current model Toyota Siennas have more space and I bet an AWD model would get you through anything you have any business driving through…

    On the other hand, any off-road would take you back to the crew cab pickup…I think I’d prefer Ford or Chev full size because the down-sized pickups don’t gain gas mileage for the loss of space and the Tundra is almost absurdly bad on fuel efficiency.

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    September 4, 2009 at 2:46 am in reply to: Sony/Apple dropping SxS compatibility

    [Craig Seeman] “Sony has and may still be mishandling this. They should have had a warning not to upgrade on their site. They should have a “reasonable” timeline like every other major and most other smaller developers have.”

    I can’t argue with that one…

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    September 4, 2009 at 2:44 am in reply to: SxS Drivers Update in September for Snow Leopard.

    [Craig Seeman] “The issue is affecting both EX and XDCAM users (PDWU1 kext is broken as well and XDCAM Transfer is not simply an EX utility).”

    I’ve not used XDcam in post so this is something I didn’t know.

    There is no question that this is a problem BTW, it’s just that it seems a bit of a leap to assume that Sony was simply asleep at the switch.

    I do hope it gets fixed soon and that some alternative external Express 34 adapters will work…much like P2.

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    September 3, 2009 at 4:38 pm in reply to: SxS Drivers Update in September for Snow Leopard.

    [Craig Seeman] “It would be nice if Sony posted this stuff on their website. It has a major impact on people making new Mac purchases.”

    It has a major impact on EX1 and EX3 owners making new Mac purchases…

    It’s not insignificant, but both Sony and Apple have a large customer landscape to deal with, this intersecting group of mutual users being a portion of that landscape.

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    September 3, 2009 at 4:34 pm in reply to: Sony/Apple dropping SxS compatibility

    …or pick up a clunky old PC and transfer on that.

    (…which was my answer when Mac discontinued the P2 compatible PCMICA slots as well…)

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    September 3, 2009 at 4:24 pm in reply to: Video length does not match audio…

    OK…it’s a PPro/QT issue then.

    20% is a telling figure…the difference between 23.976 and 29.97 is exactly…20%

    I wonder if there is a weird frame rate flag problem in the communication between PPro and QT?

    What version of QT do you have? I need to find the requirement for CS4…not sure what version is minimum off the top of my head.

    If you load the QT in QT player, does it seem correct?

    If you try another QT codec, do you get the same issue?

    I assume that Combustion reads the file as the right length…or is the error obvious in Combustion as well?

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

Page 167 of 350

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy