Forum Replies Created

Page 151 of 350
  • Tim Kolb

    December 15, 2009 at 4:15 am in reply to: Cineform

    How fast are your disks? are they rather full?

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    December 13, 2009 at 8:55 pm in reply to: Premier vs. Final cut

    I think as editing systems, the two apps are not that far apart from a function standpoint in my view…

    I do think that in cases where you’re working with graphics and non-(specific camera format) video media, PPro is a bit more flexible on what you can put on the edit timeline.

    Final Cut has features I’d love to see PPro have, and I think there are things that are easier to do in PPro than FCP…it just depends on what features you’re focusing on.

    …and yes, I’m sure you’ll get input that states that one is fundamentally better than the other. You can come up with a workflow that could tilt the balance either way.

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    December 12, 2009 at 10:05 pm in reply to: What is going on with Adobe Media Encoder (CS4)?!?!

    [Joseph Donnelly] “It can’t be xml info that’s slowing me down that much, can it?”

    Well…how many shots in the timeline? It doesn’t take much of a project to create 150 cuts…now you have a data transfer equal to all the fields in the metadata panel…for each clip segment.

    That accumulation step can take some time before an actual “encoding” gets underway…

    That’s not to say that there’s no way your canceling some background processes had any effect…it may have had great effect. I have no idea what you shut down…

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    December 12, 2009 at 12:25 am in reply to: What is going on with Adobe Media Encoder (CS4)?!?!

    On the flyout menu in the Media Encoder setup dialogue (3rd of the way down along the right side of the panel), there is an option to include source XML data…make sure that is unchecked.

    then see what you get for run time…

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    December 11, 2009 at 12:20 am in reply to: Television Interference Effect

    Digieffects Damage is likely the most powerful set of tools for this type of thing…

    (OK, I’m biased.)

    https://www.digieffects.com/product/damage

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    December 10, 2009 at 1:45 am in reply to: Real PC Requirements for Adobe CS4 Production Suite?

    8 GB RAM is minimum…you’ll find that 16 GB is better.

    64 bit OS (to access that extra RAM above 4 GB)

    BIG proc…4 core minimum…8 core is far better.

    Serious display card helps…a Quadro is helpful.

    The key idea is that CS4 with its cross-application data-slinging, really NEEDS resources. Adobe has traditionally rated their software for minimum runnability when most of us are using these suites with 3 apps open running full out just bringing even the stiffest systems a stress-test.

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    December 9, 2009 at 10:00 pm in reply to: CS4 Title edits causing crash

    The Title Tool is one of my favorite features in Premiere Pro, and yet it does seem to act erratically from time to time… I had thought that CS4 was running smoother with title-heavy projects than CS3 was, but I haven’t done a lot of project migration from CS3 to CS4.

    Did you simply open the project in CS4? I wonder if importing the project into a new CS4 project would improve the behavior of the titler?

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    December 8, 2009 at 9:21 pm in reply to: Cineform

    Well…thanks for that, but what is going on with the system at this point?

    Usually the issue is the AJA drivers. CineForm uses the OEM drivers, while the retail drivers come packaged with the card. Many people either try to run CineForm with the retail drivers, or worse…both installed.

    Is anything working any better than when we last talked?

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    December 8, 2009 at 2:05 pm in reply to: Cineform

    Joshua,

    I thought we’d addressed CineForm when we talked.

    CineForm’s not answering their phone being what it is…what is the remaining issue?

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    December 8, 2009 at 12:41 pm in reply to: Keylight

    I think many had hoped for the Serious Magic Ultra keyer to show up in PPro, but as far as I know it surfaced only in Premiere Elements.

    Though, to Vince’s point, Ultra’s major limitation was that it had only basic masking and did not have the ability to layer multiple quadrants of a key with appropriately varied settings for varying edge types, etc.

    With dynamic link, any greenscreen clip on the PPro timeline can be detoured to PPro, keyed, and not rendered until you render the PPro timeline.

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

Page 151 of 350

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy