Steve Roberts
Forum Replies Created
-
If you don’t have a hardware scope to confirm, use R235,G235,B235.
Steve
-
Don’t use MP3 in After Effects. Use something like Quicktime Pro to convert it to WAV or AIFF first.
Search the COW on “MP3” and you’ll see similar responses.
Steve
-
Steve Roberts
December 6, 2005 at 1:44 pm in reply to: OT: How to configure a network in small boutique?If anything has wasted my time over the years, it has been network issues. Just when I thought I had it licked with NT and 2000, XP messed me up. Then I hired a geek from “Nerds on Site” here in Toronto. (no, I don’t work for them) If I can’t fix something, I bring him in, then watch over his shoulder. Or maybe your geek could come from a post house that has a similar setup?
I recommend you find one to set you up and educate you regarding the things that will crop up from time to time as you add new computers to your network. Make sure you can call him/her with emergency advice when, for example, your router won’t let anyone into your FTP server because you added a new computer to the network and the local IP addresses changed.
You could search the web for “home network” (yes, I know) but I think the subject is way too big for a tutorial. Maybe if you search Amazon on “network” and “XP”, you’d find a book. But be warned — it could be a subject that’s only covered well (enough) in arcane specialist texts.
Steve
-
Go to tween and look at the work by the designers, and try to pick out the work that didn’t use a plugin.
If you really want good work, build a piece with seamless transitions from scene to scene. That always wows ’em, and rarely needs a plugin.
I’m just trying to keep you from going down the dark path of The Reel That Looks Like a Plugin Demo. 🙂
Once again, it’s my opinion …
The OtherOtherSteve -
An interesting question. What do you mean by “afford”?
Useful Assistants: $195
Re:vision Twixtor: $329.99
Trapcode Shine: $99
Trapcode Particular: $299
Zaxwerks Invigorator: $499What happens if you follow someone’s advice, and get Particular (for example), then no particle jobs come up but a lot of light-ray (Shine) jobs come up, but you’ve already spent your money? My point is, only you know what kind of effects you need to create for specific jobs, and if you can afford only one plugin, why buy one that you don’t need yet?
Work with AE some more, using its many bundled effects if you like, then determine what you need, and buy whatever gets you there.
And don’t let your creativity be plugin-driven. Aim higher.
My opinion,
Steve -
You’d only be expected to create your own faces if you are selling your services as a type designer, that is, one who actually designs type. (In my opinion.)
So use whatever font is appropriate for the design … and appropriate for broadcast, if that’s your thing. You know, no frilly stuff with teeny serifs and filigrees, because they get munched by the TV scanlines.
Go to https://www.justincone.com/tween/ and look at the list on the right. See what those designers do, if you want some examples.
Steve
-
Steve Roberts
December 3, 2005 at 5:56 am in reply to: TEXTURES DON’T RENDER WHEN CAMERA MOVES!!! HELP!!!!Search the AE help on OpenGL — it sounds as if you’re rendering through OpenGL and need to change its settings.
Steve
-
And try searching the COW for info on the secret prefs, to purge RAM during a render.
Steve
-
Did you try importing that into Avid?
The result will look like trash until it’s imported into an app that recognizes it. Then it will look fine. 🙂
Steve
-
Search COW posts on “KCHR”.
Steve