Forum Replies Created

Page 456 of 594
  • Steve Roberts

    January 3, 2006 at 9:56 pm in reply to: Quick question

    Do you have motion blur checked for both the comp and the text layer?

    Steve

  • Steve Roberts

    January 3, 2006 at 9:56 pm in reply to: Quick question

    Do you have motion blur checked for both the comp and the text layer?

    Steve

  • Steve Roberts

    January 3, 2006 at 4:25 pm in reply to: surveillance tape effect

    Like overhead fluorescents. Eeeww.

  • Steve Roberts

    January 3, 2006 at 4:02 pm in reply to: Quick question

    Which text effect, Brian? (specifically)

    Steve

  • Steve Roberts

    January 3, 2006 at 4:02 pm in reply to: Quick question

    Which text effect, Brian? (specifically)

    Steve

  • Steve Roberts

    January 3, 2006 at 2:37 pm in reply to: ACE new years resolutions

    Read the manual and the materials on the ACE site. There are no supplemental study guides, unless they’re new and mentioned on the site.

    Regarding its value, you’d have the increased knowledge of course, but in my opinion, the title is only worthwhile if you expect to teach AE.

    I think I spent a couple of hours a day for a week studying for 5.5.

    Steve

  • Steve Roberts

    January 2, 2006 at 10:22 pm in reply to: edting After Effects preferences

    Ah, there you are.

    Go to (yourname):library:preferences. You’ll find the Adobe After Effects text file there.

    Steve

  • Steve Roberts

    January 1, 2006 at 6:42 pm in reply to: Happy New Year to ALL

    If one of my freelance subcontractors were on deadline and I saw him on the COW, I’d be unhappy if he weren’t solving a problem related to the job at hand. If he needed a break, I’d prefer he went out for a walk.

    However, I can see cutting someone a little COW-viewing slack if he were a salaried employee, not on deadline. Then it would be a “research” thing, which would be cool.

    Hm. Something to think about, I guess.

    Happy New Year! Thanks to all who contribute, disembodied COW head or not! 🙂
    Steve

  • Steve Roberts

    January 1, 2006 at 6:42 pm in reply to: Happy New Year to ALL

    If one of my freelance subcontractors were on deadline and I saw him on the COW, I’d be unhappy if he weren’t solving a problem related to the job at hand. If he needed a break, I’d prefer he went out for a walk.

    However, I can see cutting someone a little COW-viewing slack if he were a salaried employee, not on deadline. Then it would be a “research” thing, which would be cool.

    Hm. Something to think about, I guess.

    Happy New Year! Thanks to all who contribute, disembodied COW head or not! 🙂
    Steve

  • Steve Roberts

    January 1, 2006 at 6:22 pm in reply to: Looping sound by markers

    You could try this:

    1. Add markers (* on the numeric keypad) to the footage layer, indicating where each footstep occurs
    2. Apply time remapping to your “single-footstep” audio layer.
    3. Extend the out-point of the audio layer to the end of the comp.
    4. Convert the second keyframe to a hold keyframe (right-click on the keyframe and select “toggle hold keyframe”)
    5. Move one frame to the right and scrub the time-remap value (drag the value with the mouse) so it reads 0. This will “rewind” the playback of your sound to the beginning.
    6. Select these 3 keyframes and Copy them.
    7. Move to the next frame where the footstep occurs and Paste the 3 keyframes. Do a RAM preview to test.
    8. If it works, go ahead and Paste the 3 keyframes where each footstep occurs (at each marker).

    I just tried this, so it works. 🙂

    If the footstep sound is too long for the time available between footsteps, you may need to create 2 footstep audio layers: one for the left foot, and one for the right foot.

    Good luck, and Happy New Year!
    Steve

Page 456 of 594

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy