Steve Roberts
Forum Replies Created
-
Steve Roberts
November 16, 2007 at 2:45 pm in reply to: Copying Path from llustrator to After EffectsYou need to click the “continuous rasterization” switch. Check the Help.
-
[Brant Mills] “Above all else jump in with both feet and play with every setting, filter and effect …”
Oh, yes.
-
When a computer is acting up, render to a still sequence. When it crashes, see what the last frame rendered was, and start the next render after that. Also, since each frame is its own finished still, there’s no “wrapping up” of the movie at the end, which may cause the crash. I don’t know about that “wrapping up” — I could be way off base.
But that’s a workaround, and general good practise with a flakey computer. But as for a solution, we need to see what happens at the crash:
– Watch your RAM usage (Task Manager or Activity Monitor) to see if it gets to 100%. That could cause a crash. Secret settings should fix that, but you might have already done that. But if it always crashes when RAM usage reaches a specific amount, then yes, you probably have bad RAM. If that’s the case, can you run lean, with no other apps going, purging every frame to try to keep RAM usage low?
– See if it crashes at the exact same frame each time. Maybe a layer with a troublesome plugin starts there?
– Maybe queue up multiple renders, each rendering a portion of the length of the comp as a workaround.
– are you rendering a huge file to a FAT32 drive, which can’t take over 4GB? I don’t hink so, but I had to ask.Let us know …
-
Select the layers, copy (or cut) and paste back into the other timeline.
Sorry, there’s no automatic way to do it.
-
Steve Roberts
November 16, 2007 at 12:16 am in reply to: Copying Path from llustrator to After EffectsIs the solid selected before you paste?
Have you tried making a mask (rectangular is fine) in the solid, then selecting “mask path” (or “mask shape”) and pasting?
-
Roughen edges effect?
-
You can also ask questions here, or at the AE beginners’ COW forum. 🙂
-
I just tried copying a path in Illustrator, then pasting it onto a solid, then applying stroke, then enlarging the solid up to 2000% with Continuous Rasterize (CR) on. It seemed to work – the stroke is clean. It’s a little soft on the edges, but nowhere near as craptastic as it would be if you turned off CR.
If I recall, Adobe added some useful scaling-upness from v7 onward. Give it a go …
-
Well, one thing is that when you play a movie in the Project window, it plays through Quicktime … which explains why it plays well there and in QT Player. But that doesn’t help you.
Another thing is you want to avoid importing Sorenson or any other low-data rate codec such as WMV, FLV or MPEG-flavour. Stick to high-quality Animation, uncopmpressed (various), Photo-JPEG, sequences, and so on. But that doesn’t help you either … ?
I guess we need to figure out what those multiple failing systems have in common, if they’re all doing the same thing. Any thoughts on your end?
-
If I recall, tie-dyed images looked like rough, thick rings.
To get the ring, I might make a long thick, scraggly line, then apply Polar coordinates (rect>polar) to make the ring. As for the line, I could scribble something up/down, slowly moving across, or maybe make a long comp, apply Fractal noise, with maybe directional blur(vertical).
To get motion, I might animate the fractal noise, and/or animate the line up or down inside its comp, or animate the scale of the ring. Transfer modes should look cool – vivid light?
For colour, I’d use Colrama and experiment. Make copies of the rings at various sizes and positions.
Anybody else?