Forum Replies Created

Page 331 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    December 19, 2011 at 10:02 am in reply to: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.

    I’m genuinely starting to worry about Aindreas

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 17, 2011 at 7:00 pm in reply to: The FCPX Sweet Spot?

    2008 8 core Mac Pro with 16GB Ram and Radeon 5870 card. Footage was a mix of XDcam 422, XDcam EX and GoPro mp4’s. No footage was optimised. They were not graphically complex shows, basically air show event documentaries, maximum of 3 layers in some places, just name captions on interviewees, colour correction on most clips.

    Had 3 or 4 crashes a day, never lost an edit but I was constantly checking for the undo bug.

    Also I am using Snow Leopard, I firmly believe that FCPX has more problems under Lion than SL

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 17, 2011 at 6:16 pm in reply to: The FCPX Sweet Spot?

    I just linked footage and didn’t use proxies. I’m trying to get permission from the Producer of the feature I’m cutting to post some workflow videos as we go through the edit on it.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 17, 2011 at 5:59 pm in reply to: The FCPX Sweet Spot?

    I kept the projects to a maximum length of 20-30 minutes whils editing and then copied and pasted into a final project at the end. FCPX, like earlier versions of FCP, does slow down if you try and edit in a project over about 30 minutes. I ended up with about 15 projects in each event. I also exported projects as I finished each piece as a back up.

    The shows had a lot of CC in each project and this didn’t seem to cause any slowdown. I always kept background rendering switched off as it seems to be the number 1 cause of problems.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 17, 2011 at 5:23 pm in reply to: The FCPX Sweet Spot?

    Why don’t you think it can handle hour long shows?, I’ve done two 120 minute shows on it with 40 hours of footage for each show. FCPX enables you to get through large amounts of footage very quickly. I’ve just loaded 2500 clips for a feature project.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 17, 2011 at 10:04 am in reply to: FCPX Trumps Avid

    [David Roth Weiss] “Did we agree once again Steve, or was that a subtle dig? I need to know so I can keep my scoreboard up to date. :)”

    It was a genuine reply to a very good point you made.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 17, 2011 at 12:14 am in reply to: hidden gems

    [Carsten Orlt] “Quite interesting how a simple post about my joy that a certain difficult problem has now an elegant solution has gone off the rails”

    Quite a few threads on here end up going in a completely different direction, sometimes it can be fascinating and amusing.

    Sometimes it isn’t

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 17, 2011 at 12:05 am in reply to: FCPX Trumps Avid

    [David Roth Weiss] “Generalities of one’s own experience, even when it over 30-years, don’t necessarily apply to others.”

    Wise words

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 17, 2011 at 12:01 am in reply to: hidden gems

    [David Roth Weiss] “If you already own AJA and Matrox products, buying a Decklink card is an expensive workaround, especially if the only real upside is FCPX”

    Sorry David $295 is NOT expensive.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 16, 2011 at 10:37 pm in reply to: Is Apple Being Misleading About Native Editing Support?

    [Craig Seeman] “This was FCP7 version. They charged $99 for it so it wasn’t a freebee.
    Cinemon
    https://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcamexsite/cat-accessories/resource.sol...
    “

    and you could only get it in the USA

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

Page 331 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy