Forum Replies Created

Page 330 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    December 21, 2011 at 4:03 pm in reply to: Problems exporting from FCPX

    [Gunnar Blom] “No, I didn’t optimize my media. I’m editing on a Macbook Air with limited hard drive so when I tried it said that there was not enough space. But I guess it *should* not matter if I optimize or not?
    “

    It shouldn’t matter at all, have you tried trashing FCPX preferences?

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 21, 2011 at 3:59 pm in reply to: Problems exporting from FCPX

    [Shane Ross] “Is that the FCX term for “transcoding to ProRes?” I thought that FCX dealt with more formats natively…including H.264.”

    It handles h264 natively very well if you have a fast Mac, I never transcode h264.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 20, 2011 at 9:52 pm in reply to: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.

    [Christian Schumacher] “You can complain as much as you want, but I don’t think that my simple poor argument on a forum could be in anyway, more dismissive -and important- than to what Apple have managed to accomplish to have done to date, specially by attempting to re-invent those very known conventions. You’re looking up to the mothership way too much.”

    Good or bad, Apple are in the business of re-inventing conventions, someone has to at least try and shake things up a bit.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 20, 2011 at 7:26 pm in reply to: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.

    [James Daugherty] “I would like to say that I wasted my time learning FCP7. Every plugin, script and trick. Apple took everything I learned and made it worthless with the release of FCPX. I will not fall for that again. Years and years of learning and work gone, useless. “

    I would hope your skill you have learned as an editor remains. PPro is a relatively easy transition for an experienced FCP editor.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 20, 2011 at 6:02 pm in reply to: iMovie import saves the day!

    [Kevin Patrick] “Wow. You really created quite a lot of interest with your positive post about FCP X and iMovie”

    True, but I’m really hoping your excellent use of sarcasm will really help the thread along

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 19, 2011 at 11:43 pm in reply to: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.

    Still comes back to the fact that some of us who are actually USING the software are reporting it’s faster for our work. If it were any other software people might take that as evidence that at least it might be partially correct ( 400% iimprovement is certainly not!)

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 19, 2011 at 10:06 pm in reply to: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.

    [Philip Hodgetts] “I then pointed out that those who are using FCP X are reporting that it is much faster for the work they’re doing than the same work in FCP 7.
    “

    We are and it is.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 19, 2011 at 8:31 pm in reply to: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.

    [David Lawrence] “Excellent point. I’ve been using OSX finder tools as part of my organizing strategy for years. One example – when I get a HD full of unfamiliar clips, the first thing I always do is view everything in the finder in coverflow view. I then use quicklook to skim anything of interest. Using this technique, even if there’s hundreds of GBs to go thru, I get a sense of the footage landscape very fast and can quickly set up my bins in a way that makes sense.
    “

    This is exactly what I used to do until FCPX, now using the skimmer in FCPX gets this done in the same way but quicker. I can get a great overview of my clips very quickly. Just done it with 2500 clips I just received on a new project i’ve just started.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 19, 2011 at 1:06 pm in reply to: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.

    [Shane Ross] “THEY need to change…not us.”

    In a perfect world – yes, in the real world it’s not going to happen, time and budget pressure is only going to increase.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 19, 2011 at 1:04 pm in reply to: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.

    FCPX is certainly faster, I can say this because I’ve been using it more or less every day for the last few months, I used FCP for years so I am qualified to make the comparison.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

Page 330 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy