Forum Replies Created

Page 332 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    December 16, 2011 at 10:36 pm in reply to: hidden gems

    [David Roth Weiss] “Yep, I know all that… There are expensive workarounds, but tt doesn’t change the underlying issues.”

    How is using a Decklink card and a free copy of Resolve an expensive workaround?

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 16, 2011 at 10:14 pm in reply to: hidden gems

    [Jeremy Garchow] “No audio, and I have AJA :)”

    Just pointing out that there is a workflow from FCPX that enables you to check output on a broadcast monitor at the moment.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 16, 2011 at 10:08 pm in reply to: hidden gems

    [Jeremy Garchow] “For color correction, I use the built in FCPX scopes, export a QT movie and then send that ProRes QT through AJA TV, a total hack.”

    You could also XML out to a free copy of Resolve and check everything on an external monitor attached to that.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 16, 2011 at 8:56 pm in reply to: hidden gems

    [Gary Hazen] “Interviewer: We’re a mid sized company and so a lot of people have to wear different hats as needed.

    Applicant: I love hats.”

    Laughed out loud!

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 16, 2011 at 8:00 pm in reply to: FCPX Trumps Avid

    [Walter Soyka] “would everyone using FCPX for “big budget gigs” today please raise their hands?”

    Define “big budget”

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 16, 2011 at 6:20 pm in reply to: hidden gems

    [David Roth Weiss] “Of course, that’s the goal Tony, but does X really deliver that? More importantly, will it ever be able to deliver that?”

    It does already for some of us.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 16, 2011 at 2:42 pm in reply to: Is Apple Being Misleading About Native Editing Support?

    It’s not being transcoded, it’s being rewrapped, so technically they are correct. But of course FCP7 could do this also.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 16, 2011 at 8:07 am in reply to: hidden gems

    [Gary Hazen] “I think telling a kid coming out of college not to bother with such trivial things as technical details is bad advice. The market is saturated with editors right now. The ability to tell a story and solve the technical problems is what sets an editor apart from the other 100 “artists” applying for he same job.”

    Absolutely true.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 16, 2011 at 8:03 am in reply to: hidden gems

    [Martti Ekstrand] “just real-time playback without any crap starting in the background or filling up the drive with extra media”

    Yes and FCPX does this as well, choosing to transcode is an option.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 16, 2011 at 7:13 am in reply to: OT: The Real Story behind ‘Think Different’

    I’d say it was entirely the opposite, they have thought very differently about FCPX

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

Page 332 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy