Forum Replies Created

Page 328 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    December 29, 2011 at 6:27 pm in reply to: FCPX placeholder -> Storyboard?

    You can put titles and key graphics over the placeholders

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 29, 2011 at 4:07 pm in reply to: FCP X Six Months Later – Blog Post

    Fair point, CS6 must have a better multicam if they are serious about the broadcast market. What they have works well, I used it a couple of weeks ago on a quick conference edit, but the 4 camera limit is ridiculous.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 29, 2011 at 3:53 pm in reply to: FCP X Six Months Later – Blog Post

    [Herb Sevush] “All of my other options, at least at this point, require more compromises than I would like.”

    Even Premiere Pro? To me this seems the closest match to a theoretical FCP8 at the moment

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 29, 2011 at 12:49 pm in reply to: Adobe startles Wall St with Q4 sales climb

    [Dennis Radeke] “Regardless of the cause, we are delighted with the opportunity to present our products to more people and to gain their feedback and insight for future iterations.”

    I hope you do well, it’s good for all of us to have as many great tools in the box as we can

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 28, 2011 at 10:51 pm in reply to: FCP X Six Months Later – Blog Post

    [Adam White] “I am now really struggling to see how FCPX is ever going to rid itself of its currently atrocious reputation”

    Presumably when some more people actually are forced by choice or circumstance to learn how to use it correctly and discover it’s not the devils spawn that many are making it out to be 🙂

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 28, 2011 at 7:12 pm in reply to: Apple Tech Support responses to FCPX thumbnail issues

    [Aindreas Gallagher] “It really is a serious flaw, and their guidance is not to use long clip sequences.

    You’re holding it wrong.”

    FCP had exactly the same problem in it’s earlier versions

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 28, 2011 at 4:39 pm in reply to: A real turn off?

    [David Roth Weiss] “n fact, who knows, maybe life on the Cow will become boring if we start sticking virtual socks in the mouths of others? It will be interesting to see what the dynamics really are once that feature is in place.”

    I actually think not having this ability makes the COW a much more interesting place.

    Looking forward to the Stockyard function, I’m in the process of logging hundreds of clips that we want to sell!

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 28, 2011 at 4:04 pm in reply to: FCP X Six Months Later – Blog Post

    [Nelson Torres] ” It was headed for total dominance. ‘Psych’ was cut on FCP7. Movie & TV editors were starting to embrace the software”

    Not sure that’s correct, FCP only had a tiny fraction of the Feature and the larger broadcasters market. Perhaps that’s why Apple moved in a different direction?

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 27, 2011 at 9:56 am in reply to: FCP X Six Months Later – Blog Post

    [Adam White] ” there is now absoloutley NO reason for any Editor to trust Apple. As the article says, trust is an absoloutey vital element to consider when choosing the software vendor that you base your livelihood on. “

    The launch of FCPX was a PR disaster, it’s created a huge amount of ill will amongst the edit community and they have lost customers that they will likely never get back. But my guess is that as FCPX starts to add in some of the missing features it might start to gain some traction in the market again, perhaps not led by editors and post houses but possibly from Production Companies and large Corporate clients.

    [Adam White] “Apple are locked into some fundamental design decisions that the vast majority of professionals find simply abhorrent. We all know what these are, and I fail to see how the most deeply ingrained of these can ever be made to work in a professional environment. Call me shortsighted in this regard, but I still cannot for the life of me figure out how trashing a century’s worth of practices, paradigms, terminology and established workflows was ever anything more than hubris in the extreme.”

    True, but editors are a conservative bunch to say the least, look at the furore generated by Avid simply adding another toolbar a while ago. Also look at the fact the “new” Avid interface is pretty much exactly the same as the interface from some of the earliest versions of Avid from years ago. As for the software, once it has broadcast output and a bit more extensibility then it’s perfectly usable in a professional environment. I’ve been using it for some time now and once you get used to how it works, you can still achieve the same things as you can in other NLE’s.

    [Adam White] “if it doesnt fit in to the rest of the industry why on earth would you consider using it if you aspire to work as an editor in any professional capacity? “

    Because a smart Freelance Editor always keeps their options open.

    [Adam White] “This whole debate seems kind of pointless now doesn’t it? Hasn’t the dye already been cast?”

    Not in the slightest, FCPX has shaken the editing industry up, mostly for the wrong reasons, but it has generated lots of hugely interesting debate about the fundamental craft and business of editing.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 25, 2011 at 6:25 pm in reply to: FCP X Six Months Later – Blog Post

    [Herb Sevush] “Actually, that would be my only fear, that Apple would buy Avid to kill it, like it has done with every other product it touches. Apple is like an animal in the wild, it kills any child that isn’t it’s own.
    “

    There would be a certain inevitability about that happening. I still think BMD would be the obvious choice though.

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

Page 328 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy