Forum Replies Created

Page 327 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    January 1, 2012 at 1:21 am in reply to: What do you mean by Fast?

    Just to clarify a much overlooked point when it comes to rendering in FCPX, like Avid for most effects you don’t NEED to render at all until final output. I have background rendering switched off.

    “FCPX Agitator”

  • Steve Connor

    December 31, 2011 at 6:34 pm in reply to: So..I was hired because of FCPX.

    I can see how the speed would be useful in those circumstances, I’m looking forward to editing my first conference highlights film with FCPX shortly

    “FCPX Agitator”

  • Steve Connor

    December 31, 2011 at 10:08 am in reply to: So..I was hired because of FCPX.

    That’s quite a lens!

    “FCPX Agitator”

  • Steve Connor

    December 30, 2011 at 11:36 pm in reply to: Blackmagic to buy AVID (My Speculation Only)

    [Aindreas Gallagher] “nay shabby – meats and wine – your good self?”

    All good thanks, ready for 2012?

    “FCPX Agitator”

  • Steve Connor

    December 30, 2011 at 11:34 pm in reply to: Blackmagic to buy AVID (My Speculation Only)

    [Chris Harlan] “Pretty much right on. As–I might add–was the Doctor’s Christmas special. Not enough Pond, though.”

    True, will be sad to see her go next season

    “FCPX Agitator”

  • Steve Connor

    December 30, 2011 at 9:01 pm in reply to: Unreliable final cut pro X !

    [Christopher Kechichian] “but let’s assume that the project is not being saved how can I save it manually? there’s no save button in the menu.
    “

    You can’t save manually, yes I know it’s stupid, REALLY stupid, especially when the autosave is unreliable and they haven’t implemented versions into the software yet.

    In FCP7 I would manually save my projects every hour, I’ve simply replaced that in FCPX with checking the undo works every hour, it’s the closest you can get to an actual ‘Save”

    “FCPX Agitator”

  • Steve Connor

    December 30, 2011 at 8:54 pm in reply to: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.

    [David Roth Weiss] “I learned your beloved FCPX very early on, but I also learned that X is missing many key features of the real FCP and of the competing NLEs in the market. And so, I was not compelled to delve any deeper into the inner workings of X. One need not jump off a high bridge to know that suicide is not the best choice. Right?
    “

    I stand corrected! How are you finding Avid after all that time?

    “FCPX Agitator”

  • Steve Connor

    December 30, 2011 at 8:30 pm in reply to: Unreliable final cut pro X !

    There is a bug where the autosave does not work, it is probably the biggest problem with FCPX at the moment. The way to tell if X is NOT saving your work is that the “undo” function does not work and is greyed out. It seems you may have had this problem and not known it.

    I have found that if you regularly check that the ‘undo’ function is working then you can be sure your project is being saved. It’s clunky I know, but it can help

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 30, 2011 at 8:12 pm in reply to: New blog post from Philip Hodgetts. Worth the read.

    [David Roth Weiss] “Hope you all have a wonderful New Year Holiday and a terrific 2012.”

    and the same to you too.I look forward to more of your definitive pronouncements about the quality of an NLE you have never learned or used on actual projects next year 🙂

    [David Roth Weiss] “and stop trying so hard to convince yourselves and everyone else that X is actually “better.””

    You mean stop disagreeing with you – never!

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

  • Steve Connor

    December 30, 2011 at 8:06 pm in reply to: Blackmagic to buy AVID (My Speculation Only)

    [Aindreas Gallagher] “indeed. imploded doom writ large. fire, brimstone, editing companies in flame off the shoulder of orion, psycopathic corporations, dead cats and black pentagrams in cupertino. and so on and so forth.
    “

    Welcome back – good Xmas?

    “My Name is Steve and I’m an FCPX user”

Page 327 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy