Forum Replies Created

Page 322 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    January 21, 2012 at 2:15 pm in reply to: Beats by Dr. Dre???

    [Oliver Peters] ” If anything, FCP X imposes one and only one workflow, which either works for you or it doesn’t.”

    How does FCPX impose one workflow?

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 19, 2012 at 8:05 pm in reply to: Pretty amazing Thunderbolt demo.

    [Michael Hancock] “Now remove the $5,000 Red Rocket card and giant RAID and see how well the Air does. The peripherals are what make this demo possible, not the laptop”

    I don’t think he’s trying to say that the laptop IS doing it

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 19, 2012 at 8:00 pm in reply to: Audio Mixing is Actually Brilliant

    [Jim Giberti] “It’s really fast, and it’s not like a music mix where I’m always going back and tweaking 20 or 30 tracks individually as the mix progresses. With the average project I get my audio tracks together pretty quickly and if I do have to adjust individual CCs or clips within a CC it’s very fast and because you can do it right in the timeline, very easy.
    “

    Even the fact that the waveforms move in real time is a big help, In drama scenes I can do a rough first pass for levels without even playing the edit!

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 19, 2012 at 2:07 pm in reply to: GE to introduce Apple desktops

    [Gary Huff] “Technically, but I think the jury is still out on how Apple will move forward from here, now that Steve Jobs has passed”

    Very true

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 19, 2012 at 8:42 am in reply to: Eastman Kodak Files for Bankruptcy

    Sad but inevitable news.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 18, 2012 at 5:00 pm in reply to: Windows Media Player

    Neither of those convert to .wmv without a plugin I’m afraid, here’s the one I use

    https://www.telestream.net/flip4mac-wmv/overview.htm

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 17, 2012 at 9:18 pm in reply to: FCPx in local TV

    [Ben Edwards] “If you are saying you have FCPx working in a small (commercial) station broadcasting to cable/satellite or terrestrial I would love to talk to you about how you did it/what problems you have etc. Probably best to take this off forum as the thread is getting quite big.
    “

    Actually it’s exactly the sort of thing that we like to hear on this forum. Thread size isn’t an issue on here!

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 16, 2012 at 3:35 pm in reply to: FCPx in local TV

    What format is the footage coming in?

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 12, 2012 at 11:54 am in reply to: Is Apple About to Lose Turner Studios?

    [Bill Davis] “Now apple has demonstrated that with a largely pull-based ecosystem built more on search than advertising – more revenue falls to the bottom line than before. And with lower costs of creation comes opportunity for increasing margins.

    If that is so, I want to understand the content tools designed to enable easier work in the new model.

    And that’s precisely what I think FCP-X is.

    A first step toward better.
    “

    The problem at the moment is that if you produce content in a niche market like we do, you simply can’t get your shows on iTunes. It’s relatively easy to get Apps on the App Store, easy to publish books on their bookstore, it’s even not too difficult to get music on the iTunes store.

    Apple need to change this model if they want a piece of the pie, before Google get too much of a lead, I’d love to edit a show in FCPX and then click “publish to iTunes”

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 10, 2012 at 7:16 pm in reply to: Is Apple About to Lose Turner Studios?

    [Christian Schumacher] “Pretend you are website publisher, and then your site is a media sponsor for a conference. Later, you write about that same conference, are you going to lie about the content of one of the keynotes? Being an attende and a sponsor? That’s unlikely in my book. So, there you have it.
    “

    It may very well be true, but without actual quotes you are relying on the interpretation of the writer alone.

    Poor journalism

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

Page 322 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy