[David Lawrence] “[Steve Connor] “David, why would you want the clips connected to the gap?”
To create a sync relationship between those two clips only. I don’t want their sync relationship defined or affected by other clips in the storyline.”
Then move one of the clips to the primary storyline
[David Lawrence] “[Steve Connor] “Their relationship with each other stays the same.”
Not exactly. In your example at 0:15, moving the clips down the storyline changes the connection of two of them to a clip on the storyline. Their relationship is now tied to that clip. What if that’s not my intention?
Do the relationships defined by clip connections matter? If so then your demo fails because it defines the wrong relationship between primary and connected clips when the connected clips are repositioned.”
See previous point.
[David Lawrence] “[Steve Connor] “I’m afraid your “proof” video only shows a lack of understanding about how you edit in FCPX, you don’t work with gaps in that way”
Overwrite Trim notwithstanding, I think I understand FCPX just fine. The problem is that the timeline object model is inconsistent, and in the case of my example, destructive.
The timeline is always rippling. That’s what makes it magnetic.
“
Once again your example shows that you don’t understand how to edit in FCPX, the fact you didn’t know about overwrite trim shows this. The timeline is NOT always rippling, you are wrong.
Steve Connor
“FCPX Agitator”
Adrenalin Television