Forum Replies Created

Page 323 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    January 9, 2012 at 4:29 pm in reply to: Tracks and Primaries: Question for FCPX Users

    [Jeremy Garchow] “In FCPX, I can skim a whole batch of organized selects in the browser, or skim what’s on my timeline really easily and quickly and always see the relationship between the two. I know I am in the minority in this regard, but I do find FCPX to help me get a more encompassing view of my footage (both edited and selects) in fairly short order with minimal fuss/double-clicking/copying/pasting. I find this helps the creative process, but what do I know? :)”

    For me this is part of the core advantage of FCPX, this is the part I find the most exciting but also something that is hard to get across without using FCPX in a real world situation.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 9, 2012 at 8:08 am in reply to: Interesting article on using FCPX for Broadcast

    [Matthew Celia] “‘d train a monkey to do it and go to Europe on vacation.”

    Now there’s an idea!

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 9, 2012 at 12:32 am in reply to: Just finished a project with FCPX and Motion 5

    Welcome Brad, it’s great to some fresh insight on FCPX here, feel free to post here or on the techniques forum if you need any help with the new project.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 7, 2012 at 8:57 pm in reply to: Tracks and Primaries: Question for FCPX Users

    [Jeremy Garchow] “Alas, I still dont use fcpx for paying gigs, yet.”

    As a quick aside, why don’t you? Is it the lack of broadcast monitor output

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 7, 2012 at 8:55 pm in reply to: Tracks and Primaries: Question for FCPX Users

    [Mark Morache] “For example, you cannot use the I and O keys to set edit points on anything except the primary storyline.”

    I’m worried this statement may lead to some confusion, Just to be clear you CAN use the i and o keys to place clips above or below the primary storyline. You are NOT restricted to editing directly INTO the primary storyline with the shortcut keys.

    However you CANNOT mark an in and out in a secondary storyline!

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 7, 2012 at 7:56 pm in reply to: Tracks and Primaries: Question for FCPX Users

    [Franz Bieberkopf] “I’ve discussed my process previously as well as the model for editing in FCPX, but I’m not looking for responses to that here – I’m genuinely curious about how people approach the Primary Storyline question.
    “

    Wow, I forgot about that thread, after re-reading your workflow I have to say again FCPX is NOT for you, it’s not designed for your sort of workflow at all.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 7, 2012 at 7:19 pm in reply to: Tracks and Primaries: Question for FCPX Users

    [Franz Bieberkopf] “as this strikes me as antithetical to the way I work,”

    Best way to illustrate might be for you to state a brief example of how you put an edit together in the timeline.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 7, 2012 at 6:38 pm in reply to: Interesting article on using FCPX for Broadcast

    [Franz Bieberkopf] “Thanks for the link – I don’t really monitor the techniques forum and I had missed this.

    David Lawrence’s suggestion here is genius – I can imagine any given “storyline” as having multiple tracks.

    https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/3871#3930

    … utterly off-topic but interesting.”

    I think if Apple do relent and give back some fixed “track” elements then it would be good solution

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 7, 2012 at 6:34 pm in reply to: Interesting article on using FCPX for Broadcast

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miIUfbK09Nw&feature=player_embedded#!

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

  • Steve Connor

    January 7, 2012 at 5:58 pm in reply to: How do I achieve this flicker effect?

    [Brian Mulligan] “If you want to match the beat of the music… like in the video, you can achieve the same thing through actual editing.”

    🙂

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

Page 323 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy