Forum Replies Created

Page 314 of 426
  • [Scott Sheriff]
    A lot more than the guy trying to sell me something, that doesn’t actually use it. All the (fanboys) want to do is talk about what Randy, or others that earn a living from selling this and related products have to say. All the people that stand to make a buck from a million noobs jumping on the X bandwagon certainly have a dog in the fight, and can’t be trusted to give and unbiased opinion”

    Welcome back, really missed your insulting rants here.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 3, 2012 at 3:49 pm in reply to: XDCAM import/export

    [Eric Sternberger] “his whole XDCam thing is half-baked, if you ask me…”

    Very true, it was always going to be a transitional format.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 3, 2012 at 3:46 pm in reply to: Life After FCP 7 – Avid, FCPX or Premiere?

    [sandy shapiro] “I’m asking because I’m wondering if it’s worth learning FCPX and Premiere, or worth buying the new Avid Media Composer – I see the latter has changed it’s interface and seems to be picking up where FCP left off. “

    It’s entirely down to the Production Houses you do work for but updating your Avid skills will be good, Avid haven’t changed their interface very much at all so it shouldn’t be difficult.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 3, 2012 at 9:37 am in reply to: Is FCPX worth it now with the new update?

    [Simon Ubsdell] “The notion that the Position Tool is some kind of unique “magnetic timeline disabling” tool seems to me to be simplistic and possibly unhelpful as an explanation – especially when you are trying to clarify the interface for users who are having difficulty with it.”

    It might be simplistic, but it’s true, if you edit with the position tool instead of the select tool, it does disable the ripple behaviours.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 3, 2012 at 9:21 am in reply to: My Tipp of the day…exporting portions of a timeline

    [alban egger] “hmm…sorry guys for the confusion. I didn´t expect the step back….”

    We had this with FCP Legacy as well, they would fix and add new things in a release but break others.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 3, 2012 at 9:17 am in reply to: Is FCPX worth it now with the new update?

    [Roger Bolton] “Sometimes I just want two clips on separate layers to stay at the same position on the timeline no matter what else I do, since I can’t lock tracks thats actually hard to do in FCP X.

    Add an option to turn off the magnetic timeline”

    Using the position tool disables ripple. You could also lay a gap clip in the primary and use only a secondary storyline and above to disable the ripple effect and the clip connections.

    I do music edits all the time where I need clips to stay in the same position relative to the timeline.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • [Dominic Deacon] “It took me about 8 hours to get the scene cut satisfactorily in the end. I can’t imagine how I would done it at all if I was not able to constantly see the first frame of the incoming clip and the last frame of the previous clip at the same time. “

    FCPX does this while trimming, it shows you both frames.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • [David Roth Weiss] “and who’d object if it reappeared, even if it’s only optional or contextual.”

    Why would anyone object if it was optional?

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • [David Roth Weiss] “b) I’d be pleased”

    If it was an option, then great! I don’t miss tracks but options are always good.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 2, 2012 at 11:04 pm in reply to: Position Tool Bug Fixed in 10.0.3!!!

    But what are we going to argue about now?

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

Page 314 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy