Forum Replies Created

Page 313 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    February 7, 2012 at 7:00 pm in reply to: render render and more rendering!

    I guess we’re all so keen to see what the new update offered, that we forgot that you shouldn’t upgrade mid project unless you absolutely have to.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • [James Mortner] “No slurring speeches, no awkward dance, no drunken disco.
    “

    Not on the TV coverage at least

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Is it doing it on new projects? Not everyone is getting this issue, I’m not getting it on my system so far even with old projects but there are lots of reports on the Apple forum of it happening.

    https://discussions.apple.com/message/17523467#17523467

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 7, 2012 at 9:29 am in reply to: Final Cut X vs Strawman

    [Lance Bachelder] “I wish you had been there when I was a beta tester, it was a terrible experience – I mean so bad that it would take therapy to erase how bad it was and how full of bugs the program was.
    “

    Interesting to get a view on how PPro was in it’s early days, I know it’s very good now, but it’s had the time to mature.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Stupidly you can’t save compound clips from the project back into the event, however you can achieve what you want quite easily.

    In the event viewer select the in and out of your first video clip, then right click or use option G to make a new compound clip, name it then double click on it and add your new audio in the project window. You can also hit F to favourite the clip

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 6, 2012 at 8:31 pm in reply to: Final Cut X vs Strawman

    [David Powell] “Where are the people who have used something other than FCP 7 that are slaying projects left and right now that they have FCP X? I’m curious to hear from them. I’m just not so impressed that the new software beats the pants off what we all knew to be aging technology with code from 90s.”

    I used Premiere for a few years (before it was Pro) and have used it on and off over the last couple of years. I won’t claim to be a power user but I know my way around a lot of it. I spent some time with it before FCPX was launched and despite the improvements over the last couple of years, I still find FCPX to be faster for me. The skimmer and keywording combination allows to to get through my footage much quicker than any NLE I’ve used.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 6, 2012 at 8:56 am in reply to: Matrox drivers coming soon

    [David Roth Weiss] “Well, I can’t say definitively just yet, but certainly I’d like to keep contributing here, just as I’ve been doing since the dawn of recorded time. 🙂
    “

    Well if the Mayans are right you only need to stay on here for another few months and you can get to the end of recorded time too!

    Seriously, I hope you manage to find the time to keep contributing.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 4, 2012 at 8:25 pm in reply to: Matrox drivers coming soon

    Thanks David, good luck in the new job!

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 4, 2012 at 7:47 pm in reply to: Matrox drivers coming soon

    I might actually look at an MX02 when the drivers come out.

    I’ve kept away from Matrox after being badly burned years ago when PPro came out and my shops Matrox Digisuite cards weren’t ever going to be supported by it, ( Sounds familiar!)

    But I’ve heard lots of good things about them nowadays

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 3, 2012 at 11:16 pm in reply to: 7toX- this sucker really works well!

    [David Roth Weiss] “The limited number of devices the drivers do work on is a concern for some, and it would be interesting to know why that is, as the trend until this point in time has almost, if not always, been one release of drivers that works for all devices.

    These are entirely new drivers written to the new CoreMediaIO services, it’s going to take some time to get them right.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

Page 313 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy