Forum Replies Created

Page 312 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    February 11, 2012 at 10:36 am in reply to: Is anyone using FCPX for movie trailers yet?

    [David Powell] ” I always stayed on the keyboard in FC, and I find a lot of drag and drop Final Cut users have the hardest time learning Avid.”

    You’ve hit the nail squarely on the head, a lot of FCP editors, like me, are “tactile” editors. I like to touch and sculpt the edit, that’s why I don’t get on with Avid I somehow feel slightly disconnected from the edit when using it. I understand the power of it in the right hands though.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 11, 2012 at 10:31 am in reply to: I hate it!

    [Mark Morache] “[Alex Hawkins] “It should not be restrictive in any way at all. ”

    I don’t consider it restrictive. I think of it like gravity. We’re used to gravity. You put something somewhere and it generally stays there.”

    I agree, when you are used to it it doesn’t restrict you at all. FCPX is not something you can judge easily based on a relatively small amount of time with it. You’ll notice the word “joy” bandied around on here by people who are using it, it’s not often a NLE will make you use that word!

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • [Mark Raudonis] “Now let’s see the tool
    used to cut a multicam scene with 12 iso trks of dialogue. That’s a demo that I’d like to see.
    “

    I’ve only ever done multi cam with relatively simple audio, as a matter of interest what NLEs could do this well?

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • [Jack James] “I found the entire thing very distasteful and haven’t given X a look-in since it launched. For the most part, I like the care and detail that goes into Apple’s products, but FCPX is born of arrogance, not consideration.
    “

    I’m glad Apple tried something different with FCPX, I know they bungled the release in almost every way possible, but at least they have tried to push the boundaries. PPro is pretty much what FCP8 would have been had Apple continued down that road anyway so you can always use that if you don’t like the change.

    Or if you want even more continuity go Avid.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 10, 2012 at 7:26 am in reply to: I hate it!

    I feel the same way when I have to use Avid, to me it feels counter intuitive as well, but thats only because I haven’t used it for a while and I need to get used to the way it works.

    If you’re happy with PPro then there’s no need to change

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 9, 2012 at 6:16 pm in reply to: OT- What I want on my iPad 3…..or 4

    [Chris Harlan] “I do really like the hybrid elements that have been produced, however. The glass trackpad on a Macbook Pro is amazingly useful to me, and maybe that would not have come about without the iPhone and iPad.
    “

    I think the Macbook Air is almost a hybrid iPad/Laptop anyway, perhaps they might offer a dual boot OSX/ iOS version with touch screen one day

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 9, 2012 at 5:58 pm in reply to: Should Apple attend NAB this year?

    [Walter Soyka] “What about insert edits? What would the FCPX/AJA Control Room workflow be to fix a couple seconds on tape with a typo in the super, or to try to punch in and repair a single-frame digital error?

    When time is of the essence, isn’t having this right in the NLE important?
    “

    Absolutely, If I was still in a mostly tape i/o based environment I would be very nervous about using FCPX.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 8, 2012 at 8:45 pm in reply to: Render test

    I’ve noticed Looks isn’t very quick in FPX at all.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • [Walter Soyka] “The problem on this forum is the continual bashing of anyone, for any reason, period. We’re here to talk about ideas, not each other. No matter what your position on FCPX is, you should expect your ideas to be debated, but you should feel personally welcome.
    “

    Absolutely correct!

    [Walter Soyka] “What makes this forum so interesting to me are the diverse workflows represented. No one else here is doing feature work with FCPX (that I’m aware of)”

    Actually I’m cutting a feature on it at the moment!

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 7, 2012 at 7:21 pm in reply to: render render and more rendering!

    [lance j reha] “Not good, not professional..”

    But also not unusual, it happened with FCP over the years. Small beta test groups can miss stuff like this

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

Page 312 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy