Forum Replies Created

Page 134 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    November 19, 2014 at 4:46 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro and music vs Final Cut Pro X and iTunes
  • Steve Connor

    November 18, 2014 at 5:13 pm in reply to: Old dogs new tricks

    [Herb Sevush] “First some people complain about the name of the forum, then more people complain about changing the name of the forum , then Tim comes on and says that the name stays as is. And on and on …
    “

    Most people know what this forum is for, I don’t think a name change would get any more people in. The discussions here can be very broad indeed, only one or two people moan when they are not directly FCPX related.

  • Steve Connor

    November 18, 2014 at 2:27 pm in reply to: Old dogs new tricks

    [Oliver Peters] “Dennis, I’m not sure Scott meant that to be derogatory in any way. Regardless, your presence (along with others like Kevin and Todd) is very much appreciated, as many of us here are NLE-ambidexterous by necessity. Thanks for joining in.
    “

    Agreed, I did’t read anything negative into that either, we all “lurk” on here as do people from Apple no doubt.

  • Steve Connor

    November 17, 2014 at 8:08 pm in reply to: Old dogs new tricks

    [Andrew Kimery] “But is it professional enough? ;)”

    Great new name for the forum 😉

  • Steve Connor

    November 17, 2014 at 8:03 pm in reply to: Old dogs new tricks

    [Scott Witthaus] “The fact that some (including me) have to use, or choose to use, an EOL’ed software has nothing to do with some “debate”. The debate, if there ever was one, is long over.
    “

    Certainly the “is FCP X Professional” debate is over, not sure what you mean by “if there ever was one” but there is still a lot to talk about as witnessed by the fact the forum is so busy with mostly FCP X related discussions.

  • Steve Connor

    November 17, 2014 at 7:32 pm in reply to: iMac 5k internal ssd options – opinions?

    512 would obviously be better but I’ve been running my 2008 Mac Pro with the Full Adobe Suite, Resolve and FCPX on a 256GB SSD and haven’t had any issues.

  • Steve Connor

    November 17, 2014 at 7:28 pm in reply to: FCPX on 5K iMac

    [Nicholas Kleczewski] “Well let’s just agree to, agree then shall we! :)”

    Surely that can’t be right? Am I on the right forum? 🙂

  • Steve Connor

    November 17, 2014 at 7:24 pm in reply to: FCPX on 5K iMac

    [Nicholas Kleczewski] “Also I/O… I’m a full time editor and Resolve colorist, it’d be pretty difficult for me to run a full pro set up on just 2 thunderbolt ports.”

    I don’t think anyone is suggesting that the iMac 5K is a great Resolve workstation! But as an edit station it seems to be very useful. I’ll have more thoughts on Friday when I’ve thrown some 4K at one

    [Nicholas Kleczewski] “I’d be more interested in input lag time and real-time performance. Both of which I was not impressed with on the base model granted the 295 should be a fair amount better. “

    RT seemed to be very good, at least on the HD project I was editing. Again I don’t think anyone would suggest using the base model for serious editing.

  • Steve Connor

    November 17, 2014 at 7:13 pm in reply to: Old dogs new tricks

    Considering the amount of people still using FCP Legacy, I would say the debate is far from over.

  • Steve Connor

    November 17, 2014 at 7:05 pm in reply to: FCPX on 5K iMac

    [Nicholas Kleczewski] “There is nothing remotely equal about a 4-core iMac and a 4-core Mac Pro except the words “4-core” and “Mac” “

    Spec wise perhaps but in real world usage …… https://www.barefeats.com/imac5k4.html

    iMac 5K is not far off the nMP

Page 134 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy