Forum Replies Created

Page 133 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    November 23, 2014 at 5:25 pm in reply to: So, what did you say to the new Apple FCPX survey?

    [Nicholas Kleczewski] “Performance, performance, performance!! I think I could honestly live without a single feature upgrade if I could be promised a world in which every time I clicked a clip in the browser, highlighted a clip in the timeline, did anything there was the .5 second delay (or longer as the memory leaks wear on in a day). It’s crazy going back to an old fcp7 or avid project and having the interface mostly always instantly respond. Sounds whiney, but it adds up on the sanity depleter!”

    What system are you using?

  • Steve Connor

    November 23, 2014 at 5:24 pm in reply to: FCPX Dogs, New Names

    [Nicholas Kleczewski] “Anyone still debating the validity of FCPX needs to do us all a favor and go crawl back under the rock they came from and get on with their miserable sad existence.”

    I think we all agree that no-one is doing that anymore (well on here anyway!)

  • Steve Connor

    November 22, 2014 at 11:17 pm in reply to: FCPX Dogs, New Names

    [John Rofrano] “OK so which forum do I post FCP X questions to? Final Cut Pro or FCPX Techniques? because while I can appreciate the history of how the forum names came to be… that doesn’t make them any more obvious to those of us who just want to ask an FCP X question. ;-)”

    Surely not that difficult to figure out?

  • Steve Connor

    November 22, 2014 at 11:15 pm in reply to: FCPX Dogs, New Names

    [Tim Wilson] “supporting 3 million sessions a month, many millions of posts, and up to 30 TB of data every day.”

    :O wow!

  • Steve Connor

    November 21, 2014 at 12:37 pm in reply to: FCPX Dogs, New Names

    [John Rofrano] “As I said, as a new FCP X editor, I came to this forum looking for what “the debate” “

    I’m a little confused with all the comments about there being no debate on FCPX here, I must be looking at the wrong forum!

    “The Debate” has moved on from whether it is professional or not that’s for sure but there is still plenty of other things about it and it’s ecosystem to “debate”

    Other option is to rename this one and change the FCPX techniques forum to a broad FCPX forum similar to the old Final Cut Pro forum which managed to cover both techniques and debate for so many years.

  • Steve Connor

    November 21, 2014 at 12:27 pm in reply to: 8K at 60p, and the future of post?

    [Walter Soyka] “Is there any value for you in being out in front or the market, even if just a little bit?”

    In my market, just being 4K is way in front!

  • Steve Connor

    November 21, 2014 at 11:44 am in reply to: FCPX Dogs, New Names

    [Scott Witthaus] “[John Rofrano] “Then the forum should be renamed to “Which NLE?: The Debate””

    Bingo! Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! That’s perfect and makes much more sense to having one NLE in the title. If you want FCPX info, you go to the Techniques forum. Want to rage on about (insert your NLE here), this would be the forum for you.
    “

    Or start a new forum and go there!

  • Steve Connor

    November 21, 2014 at 10:56 am in reply to: FCPX Dogs, New Names

    I realise Scott is running a hard campaign to change the name but I think there are a very LARGE amount of people out there who are still considering their switching options from FCP7 and this forum is still very good at giving those people some genuine insight from actual FCPX users.

    If people want a broader NLE forum then make a new one and let that one find an audience – this one still serves a valid purpose IMHO.

  • Steve Connor

    November 20, 2014 at 9:13 pm in reply to: FCPX Dogs, New Names

    +1 for leave it (or add the “s”)

  • Steve Connor

    November 19, 2014 at 8:11 pm in reply to: Old dogs new tricks

    [Dennis Radeke] ” I will say if Cow were to change it, I’d want the Creative Cloud Debate changed to ‘subscription vs. perpetual debate’ ;-)”

    I wouldn’t worry about that forum too much, it’s a bit of a ghost town at the moment (at least until Adobe choose to puts the subscription price up! )

Page 133 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy