Forum Replies Created

Page 132 of 426
  • Is “everyone putting so much stock” in the release of Focus?

    No-one on here has claimed that FCPX is taking over any markets, care to provide a link to where it’s happened?

    Apple’s marketing for Pro-Apps has been pretty poor for quite a while now, not sure it means they are surrendering?

  • Steve Connor

    December 2, 2014 at 10:45 pm in reply to: Pro Video Formats Update!

    I get an “update” option when you go to the FCP X page in the app store

  • Steve Connor

    December 1, 2014 at 12:38 pm in reply to: FCPX Dogs, New Names

    [Robin S. Kurz] “Pretty much my point exactly, yes. Thank you for the more suited, pragmatic realization.
    “

    Thank you for making my point so well too!

  • Steve Connor

    December 1, 2014 at 12:21 pm in reply to: FCPX Dogs, New Names

    [Robin S. Kurz] “Some people simply feel they’re entitled to ad hominem diatribes and paltry bullying of anyone that dare thinks differently than them, gaining self-justification from the belief that their view is the only “real” and meaningful one. They’re just here to hear their own keyboard click. Ah well. Every forum has ’em. 😉
    “

    Ironic considering the tone of some of your posts! Accusing people of bullying is pretty strong stuff

  • Steve Connor

    December 1, 2014 at 11:34 am in reply to: FCPX Dogs, New Names

    [Scott Witthaus] “C’mon Steve. Can’t take a good “debate”? I mean, if we can’t debate the debate forum, what’s left? No need to get testy. ;-)”

    No testiness intended, just trying to be helpful! At least this place hasn’t become a ghost town like the “CC or Not” forum

  • Steve Connor

    December 1, 2014 at 8:17 am in reply to: FCPX Dogs, New Names

    [Scott Witthaus] “[Robin S. Kurz] ” Kill it and consolidate it with the “Techniques” forum. Done.
    ”

    Well played, Robin. I agree.
    “

    Perhaps you both could just move to the techniques forum then and then you wouldn’t get annoyed by the name anymore?

    There’s not exactly a groundswell of opinion to change the name or close the forum on here, just a small amount of people making a lot of noise about it!

  • [Bill Davis] “[Tim Wilson] “The problem with FCP is that it didn’t offer anything fundamentally different. It simply didn’t move the needle enough for people in this slice of the market to change what they were doing. ”

    Agree wholeheartedly, Tim, with nearly everything you wrote.

    Except the above small point. “

    I think he’s talking about FCP Classic, not FCP X

  • Steve Connor

    November 29, 2014 at 6:09 pm in reply to: OT: What Professional Black Friday toys are you buying?

    [David Mathis] “Side note: Hoping that Fusion for Mac OS X will be out before Christmas, that would be sweet!
    “

    Not a chance, will be lucky if it’s next Xmas

  • [Richard Herd] “And now I have searched the Vimeo tools to find this thing, but cannot find it. Where/how does this happen? Thanks!
    “

    Right click your video file in the finder- Share- Vimeo

    Not sure if this is Yosemite only

  • Steve Connor

    November 23, 2014 at 6:30 pm in reply to: So, what did you say to the new Apple FCPX survey?

    [Nicholas Kleczewski] ” 8 core nMP D700. All the same. It’s a UI issue. FCPX is trying to do too much all the time. I’ve suggested to them they create some sort of performance slider. How much caching of thumbnails, waveforms etc, vs instant UI response. There’s times when either are valuable. It got a lot better since 10.1 for sure, I like to think I had some small part in that, Them asking to be involved on a massive 4TB documentary I was editing and getting beach balls of death across the board. But it’s still a thing in genetically UI, that barely perceptible delay in actions.

    I have found working off a raid getting at least 600 MBs does help significantly. My guess is it’s that Quick small file access exchange happening with FCPXs database on every move. But it’s still there over time even on an internal nMP project pulling 900+ MBs”

    That’s depressing, I was hoping that a new MP would make things a lot better. My experience with a 5K iMac was much better than my 2008 MacPro but the interface was still a bit laggy. I don’t see the same lag in PPro CC even on my 2008 MP. I really hope that the next Yosemite based release will make a substantial difference. The new version of iMovie gives me hope as it’s interface IS quicker than the previous version.

Page 132 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy