Forum Replies Created

Page 110 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    August 29, 2015 at 10:19 pm in reply to: please explain the new business model to me

    [Jim Wiseman] “Glad you are young enough for this not to make any difference to you. I think it goes straight to Bob’s point. Thanks for the reiteration, but you left out the first paragraph.”

    I think Adobe adopting a subscription model has nothing to do with his point at all

  • Steve Connor

    August 29, 2015 at 8:14 pm in reply to: please explain the new business model to me

    [Jim Wiseman] “May I make the observation that the older we get, the more threatening the rental model is? If you are working on the projects you consider your legacy, can you really afford to be paying monthly for your software to keep your projects alive? I have been lucky, I have gotten to this point in my life and career (yes, I still have one,fortunately) where future cost REALLY matters. If I have to pay constantly to keep my projects alive, then it will all not be finished, as my ability to keep projects going will exceed my income. I have made a very good living being on the cutting edge since the early’70’s. First broadcast video on PortaPaks by Sony and on from there. Being on the cutting edge with talent is the only way to make a decent living or even a VERY GOOD one, but you need to own your business.

    But now it is time for me to catch up with the editing of a LOT of important video footage I’ve shot and photos I’ve taken that need fine art printing (paper is still the best storage format for photos, HDs go poof without curation, same with video). We’re talking a gallery in London that wants my Jimi Hendrix, Dead, Stones photos, and that is just the R&R. Historic video footage of Pacific island cultures, video synthesizer work, etc.

    Just don’t take away the tools I thought I already had to squeeze a few more bucks out of me. That is what makes me angry. Guess I should have been in something more mature, like wood working.”

    Where’s the “Move to Adobe Creative Cloud or Not” Button? 🙂

  • Steve Connor

    August 29, 2015 at 2:14 pm in reply to: please explain the new business model to me

    [Herb Sevush] ” As a dig, I might also state that if all these young editors are learning FCPX, than I have nothing to worry about.”

    Why? do you feel FCPX will somehow inhibit them creatively?

  • Steve Connor

    August 28, 2015 at 5:03 pm in reply to: Time to change the forum names (episode 26)

    Perhaps we should summon the elite inner-circle to discuss the matter

  • Steve Connor

    August 28, 2015 at 3:38 pm in reply to: Time to change the forum names (episode 26)

    [John Rofrano] “the forum names only make sense to the elite inner-circle of those who have been here since the dawn of time. They make absolutely no sense to anyone else who doesn’t have the “secret decoder ring”. 😉
    “

    and that’s the way we like it!

  • Steve Connor

    August 27, 2015 at 3:56 pm in reply to: OT: Fusion is now available for OS X
  • Steve Connor

    August 24, 2015 at 7:32 pm in reply to: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.

    So us CC subscribers are “hypnotised lemmings”? – nice!

  • Steve Connor

    August 18, 2015 at 9:54 pm in reply to: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.

    [Aindreas Gallagher] “f you like it instinctively then you see the things you like over the things there are to dislike (beachballs as has been pointed out.)
    “

    I think that beachballs are much reduced since the latest updates, well they certainly are for me!

    [Aindreas Gallagher] “Also any time I’d get mildly excited about a major feature update 12-18 months in the making – you’d get the library architecture and bugger all else. Or, hilariously, you’d get a ridiculously over the top 3D text engine, top of everyone’s list, and bugger all else”

    I love FCPX and the work Apple have done on stability is fantastic but I do wish we’d get more useful feature updates

  • Steve Connor

    August 14, 2015 at 4:32 pm in reply to: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.

    So is the timeline and edit performance significantly increased? I honestly don’t care in the slightest about output renders as that’s such a small percentage of my project time I don’t mind a slightly longer wait. What I do care about is the timeline and editing in FCPX having less lag.

  • Steve Connor

    August 12, 2015 at 6:53 am in reply to: Since we’re a bit off topic… Bob Fosse

    With all these OT threads, it can only be a matter of time before we all start sharing Cat videos 🙂

Page 110 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy