Forum Replies Created

Page 111 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    July 29, 2015 at 8:14 am in reply to: Resolve XII…

    [Aindreas Gallagher] “[Walter Soyka] “I think editorial, color and compositing belong together.”

    granted you’re a mad scientist Walter – but try pitching the total craft collapse of a century worth of editing, colour timing, and optical compositing into a single frankenstein node based application with a vaguely reliable editor released on a freemium model.
    “

    Is it possible he was being sarcastic?

  • Steve Connor

    July 28, 2015 at 2:29 pm in reply to: It’s Alive!

    [David Mathis] “You heard right, the wait is over. The new version of Resolve is here, in beta form! Going to install Tuesaday, still nothing new on Fusion, hopefully soon.
    “

    Sadly David, I think you’re going to be disappointed by Resolve 12, its a big improvement but I don’t think its ready to replace any mainstream NLE’s …..yet.

  • Steve Connor

    July 27, 2015 at 5:24 pm in reply to: Resolve XII available now…

    Crashes every time I try to import FCPXML

  • Steve Connor

    July 27, 2015 at 2:34 pm in reply to: It’s Alive!

    On my systems it’s much faster, but still not fast enough. However I imagine that it will work well on a higher spec system

  • [andy lewis] “- latency when hitting play / stop (Even back in the PPro version 5 days – it was more responsive than FCP7 which always seemed to me to have about 1/10th of a second lag)
    “

    This has improved considerably in FCPX over the last couple of versions and is now much better, however on my systems PPro is still slightly faster

  • Steve Connor

    July 27, 2015 at 6:35 am in reply to: Resolve XII…

    [Lance Bachelder] ” For instance some sync audio attaching to slug instead of a clip and having move it out of sync to break it away from the slug”

    Surely you simply change the connection point? Press CMD+Option then click on the new clip where you want it to connect to.

  • Steve Connor

    July 25, 2015 at 10:00 am in reply to: Resolve XII…

    [Charlie Austin] “A small bird told me to get your public beta tester hats on. If you like tracks, you have another nice alternative. If, like me, you prefer FCP X and think tracks suck, (because they do!) the bird says that X and 12 play very well together for all your advanced coloring and finishing needs.”

    Did that small bird also tell you whether it was actually useable for editing in this version?

  • [Scott Witthaus] “I was on it for a total of 5 days (useless digital noise IMHO)”

    Have you quit the internet too?

  • Steve Connor

    July 7, 2015 at 6:43 am in reply to: Am I wasting my money on old iMac?

    What graphics card does that have? I work with FS100 footage a lot, I never transcode it as it doesn’t seem to stretch my system at all even on an older 2011 MBP

  • Steve Connor

    July 4, 2015 at 8:13 pm in reply to: Resolve 12 editing demos

    [John Rofrano] “[Charlie Austin] “but if you’re used to the magnetic timeline, and like it, nothing with tracks is gonna really make you happy. :-)”
    +1

    It would be like going back to razor blades and a splicing block. lol… I could never see myself editing with tracks again.

    ~jr”

    Yes, however did we cope with tracks before Apple gave us the magnetic timeline?

    I prefer the timeline in FCPX but going back to tracks is absolutely no big deal at all.

Page 111 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy