Forum Replies Created

Page 112 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    July 3, 2015 at 8:35 pm in reply to: 2015: “audio not found”

    I’m getting this too, the message comes up but it does actually play the audio

  • [Oliver Peters] “[Bob Zelin] “Just wait – that day is coming”

    Take a look at the website fiverr.com and peruse the section on video services. Yikes!
    “

    Plenty of businesses out there self shooting, using “internal resources” to make films, or getting low cost production Companies in.

    I’ve been watching my clients do this for a while now. Almost without exception the finished videos achieve little or no engagement online, very important that you point this out to clients!

  • Steve Connor

    July 1, 2015 at 2:47 pm in reply to: New FCPX user, what’s all the hate about?

    [Tony West] “I’m pretty much good to go to do anything I need to do with these paid for tools.”

    I think a lot of people feel the same, I could do without the Adobe tools if I had to, but for me the monthly cost is inconsequential and I like to have the tools in my toolbox!

  • Steve Connor

    June 17, 2015 at 6:58 am in reply to: OTish: Adobe Release

    [Andrew Kimery] “How is the performance of LCS compared to Colorista? Colorista has always been a performance hog for me so if LCS can do the same things I usually Colorista for (which is nothing fancy) but with less of a performance hit I’ll probably shelve Colorista again.”

    LCS is very fast on my system, I don’t have Colorista so can’t compare, but I’m very impressed with LCS

  • Steve Connor

    June 15, 2015 at 7:37 pm in reply to: 2015 update news

    [David Roth Weiss] “I just hope that everyone here clones their working system drive before upgrading/updating to CC 2015.

    Not that I have any advanced knowledge of pending issues with the release – just trying to save few butts here in advance, just in case, as it seems there are always some issues when a big release first lands.”

    Wise words, you can also install the update alongside the existing version, although I don’t know if projects will be backwards compatible

  • Steve Connor

    June 15, 2015 at 4:47 pm in reply to: still driving me nuts

    [Walter Soyka] “I think it’s a consequence of Ae’s legacy. “Realtime” was not a design consideration for a compositor when Ae got started, so it’s not part of the architecture. They’re working on speeding up interactivity [link], but they’re not pulling a X-style reboot to make it happen.”

    Let’s see what the new version brings tomorrow.

  • Steve Connor

    June 10, 2015 at 6:36 am in reply to: Mac Pro Speed at a iMac Price?

    [David Roth Weiss] “My take per Metal is that it speeds up 3D renders, not basic computational renders, as in normal video renders on NLEs…”

    Here’s a quick look at the potential

    https://developer.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2015/?id=102&scid=social47244026&adbid=608360202732224512&adbpl=tw&adbpr=77113713

    Starts around 01:32:30

  • Steve Connor

    June 8, 2015 at 8:25 pm in reply to: What news from the mac event today?

    [Mark Suszko] “Curious if the “Metal” graphics engine will be incorporated into Motion and FCPX or text and other effects.”

    If it isn’t I would worry about the future for FCPX!

  • Steve Connor

    June 7, 2015 at 7:19 pm in reply to: still driving me nuts

    [Mike Warmels] “And BTW, it’s not just me. I work on three different sets and they all had FCPX 10.1.4 slowing down. It’s pretty smooth in the beginning, and after 1,5 hours it begins to slow down. After about two hours it gets to be annoying, so I close down and start up again. I’m not the only one doing that.”

    You’re right, lot’s of people reported this, I was getting it quite a lot as well. For me it doesn’t happen in 10.2

  • Steve Connor

    June 7, 2015 at 6:53 pm in reply to: still driving me nuts

    [Mike Warmels] “Both the same.
    “

    That’s not particularly fast, I wouldn’t expect to have smooth playback whilst editing in “better quality” mode with a USB3 drive. I do think that FCPX needs faster drives, but I’ve also found exactly the same thing with Premiere Pro CC, so it’s possibly not just an Apple plot. I don’t know how Avid handles playback so I can’t explain why it seems to perform better.

    I understand your frustration, especially since you have a new Mac Pro, but to be honest I wouldn’t even consider doing day to day editing on USB3 drives, the bare minimum I use is single drive Thunderbolt.

Page 112 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy